I can't do it!!!!

Jewel07

Reaction score
Perineal massage!!! I give up!! I have been trying but I just can't reach properly and I don't think I'm doing it right anyway. It's frustrating me now big time as I really wanted to try anything to reduce tearing!!

And DH won't do it either, well I don't fancy him doing it to be honest lol

Did u try standing up? I cant reach lying down.

I'm sorry I can hardly reach to wipe when I pee haha but if it helps any I never did that and with the girls I only had one stich

I did it before having my first and I ended up having an episiotomy anyway. I can't be bothered this time around. It's too difficult to do for what I consider no reward.

like pp, did you try standing up? it's much easier in the shower with one leg up on the side of the bath. also, i don't do it from the front since it's harder to reach, i reach around back and use my index and middle fingers.

I wouldn't bother really......it's been proven to make little to no difference and in some instances can cause tearing as you've weakened the tissues if done incorrectly.

And the surface area of what you can reach with your fingers is a considerable amount smaller than babies head coming down the birth canal (you can tear as high up as your cervix all the way down the canal - not just perineal)

Thanks ladies, ill try the standing up scenario. I just don't think doing the right thing either if that makes sense? I've followed loads of instructions!
Good to hear though that some ppl did it but still tore and needed stitches even though they did it! I'm beginning to think what will be will be! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->