i cant do this :(

minnie10

Mummy to 1 , wtt#2
Reaction score
i always say im going to eat healthy and exercise,i manage it for a while then i go back to square one. i eat until i actually feel sick,even when im not hungry i still eat.i cant say no if treats are being handed round work.

i HATE how i look,and hardly any of my clothes fit me anymore,and ive noticed ive started to avoid going out. when i weighed myself a few weeks ago i was 11st 12lb,i know thats not huge but for my height it is im approx 5ft 2inches.

why cant i stick to healthy eating,why am i so flipping weak??everyone else seems to be able to do it why cant i? im currently ttc and i dont want to be a fat mummy but even the thought of that doesnt motivate me:cry: why am i so useless.

sorry for the rant,im just feeling really down about myself:cry::cry::cry::cry:

:hugs:

I've found that tracking what I eat really started making me aware of the things I was putting in my mouth, like I had to think about whether it was really worth the points (I'm on WW) to eat/drink unhealthy items

Hey

It took me about a year to really get my mind set into ' im doing this ' mode so if your really not ready dont push it, just take things really slowly, making small changes 1 at a time its always i fab start, cutting down on 1 glass of pop a day for example, or limiting your overal bread intake a week (i still struggle with bread lol!)

Heres few words, Dont worry about tomorrow, or yesterday, what is important is Today.
Believe in yourself, can do anything put your mind to!
(Regardless how long it may take!)

when i started last year, horrible thought i had so far to come like 8st, it was alot to think of, but i tried and tried, ive not rushed it im now 1000x better person.

Dont be so hard on yourself :)

Sounds like you need to find something else to make you feel good that isn't food, those "treats" are your way of pampering yourself even though they aren't actually good for you. Healthy eating shouldn't be about denial just realizing what food is for ie nourishment not reward or comfort.

Do you value yourself and feel fulfilled in everyday life?

I find that when I want to stock up on chocolate etc. I think about something else I'm saving for that is a treat e.g manicure or spa treatment, new shoes or ridiculously overpriced lippy etc and it helps me resist.

I also put crisps in to a small bowl and biscuits on to a plate. That way I have to decide how many biscuits I am going to have before hand and if I go back for more I'm very aware of it and it is a decision I'm making not just a reflex.

I've found that tracking what I eat really started making me aware of the things I was putting in my mouth, like I had to think about whether it was really worth the points (I'm on WW) to eat/drink unhealthy items

the bad thing is i do track what i eat most days,ive a healthy eating game for my ds:dohh: i would love to do WW or SS but cant afford them.

Sounds like you need to find something else to make you feel good that isn't food, those "treats" are your way of pampering yourself even though they aren't actually good for you. Healthy eating shouldn't be about denial just realizing what food is for ie nourishment not reward or comfort.

Do you value yourself and feel fulfilled in everyday life?

I find that when I want to stock up on chocolate etc. I think about something else I'm saving for that is a treat e.g manicure or spa treatment, new shoes or ridiculously overpriced lippy etc and it helps me resist.

I also put crisps in to a small bowl and biscuits on to a plate. That way I have to decide how many biscuits I am going to have before hand and if I go back for more I'm very aware of it and it is a decision I'm making not just a reflex.

i was under alot of stress last year,family being in and out of hospital,one who was very serious and we didnt know if they where going to make it. i always used to snack but since last year it became more and more.think this was my way of dealing with the stress and now its become habit,just need to break it.

I know you said you can't afford WW, but I've googled to figure out the points, and there are lists of all of the foods and how many points each item is, and you can figure how many points you are supposed to be eating each day and just look to the list whenever you eat. It doesn't sound fun, but if you copy it into a Word Doc, you can press "Find" and type in what you've eaten, and it'll take you right to the item you're looking for. I did this for a while last year. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->