I can't eat!!!

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
As the title says really... I'm surviving on fizzy water, squash and the occasional ice lolly atm :(

I'm so hungry which is making me feel so sick!!!! I physically can't put any food in my mouth, everything makes me feel sick. I have actually been sick yet, which I don't understand, but I feel constantly like I'm about to throw up :(

I have managed the teeniest bit of ready brek and a few nibbles of biscuit in the past few days but for the most part I'm trying to drink plenty and living with my head in a bucket!

I don't know how much longer I can cope, I just wanna cry :'(

I take the no vomiting comment back! Just threw up the liquid I have managed to drink!!! :( ugh!!!

I wish I knew how to make it better but I don't :( I'm in the same boat as you, I feel so hungry and the thought or attempt at food is just miserable. Even drinking some water makes me feel so ill. It keeps me awake at night and pathetic all day. Then I'm stressed about the lack of nutrition and getting dehydrated. I think all that we can do is wait it out..

Oh no! That's awful! I'm sort of in the same boat as you... My gag reflexes are at an all time low. Even just looking at things makes me gag.

On the bright side, (if you're still early on in your pregnancy), I wouldn't worry too much about getting all the proper nutrition just yet. That comes later. Try eating dry, small portions frequently throughout the day... Crackers, etc. (I know, easier said than done). I also found that water helped me a lot, and my SIL used Gatorade to restore her electrolytes. Try to stay hydrated though. That's really important.

Ginger tea helps (decaf), as well as taking a vitamin B.

i would feel that way and worse when i dont eat. i remember sometimes id have to force food into my mouth but i definitely wouldnt if it made me gag. eventually i starting getting a random gag reflex at nighttime although i wouldnt be laying down when it happened. as long as i eat, i dont get sick or feel like throwing up and this means for all throughout the day. if you go to the doctor they might prescribe you zofran but thats not a promise. they gave me zofran but told me to take it at my own risk since its not proven safe.

Hmmm I think if it continues you should see a doctor. Do you have medical coverage? Poor things :(
I know here in Canada they prescribe Diclectin for nausea... hope they can help! <3 Maybe try some soup an broth?

I hate MS! It's terrible, mine is becoming very bad again like with my dd. Forcing myself to eat then gagging afterwards. Hang in there! Fizzy drinks are the only thing I can tolerate... And mints.

Well I've just forced some rice crispies down as I couldn't stand the hunger pains any longer, so we'll see if they stay down :s

Going go bed in a min though as I have an early start (7am) tomorrow. Ugh, the mornings are awful :(

Can you eat a bit of fruit or drink some milk, just sip? This morning I went without eating right when I woke up, walked into work, sat down and honestly I wanted to walk right out because MS suddenly hit. When I slowly sipped milk every few minutes, I made it through the morning. If you can eat a banana or raisens, or a bit of fruit it will at least be a healthy start. It's hard though I know. But try small pieces of fruit even when you aren't hungry or even thinking of food. It will control some of the MS

Can you eat a bit of fruit or drink some milk, just sip? This morning I went without eating right when I woke up, walked into work, sat down and honestly I wanted to walk right out because MS suddenly hit. When I slowly sipped milk every few minutes, I made it through the morning. If you can eat a banana or raisens, or a bit of fruit it will at least be a healthy start. It's hard though I know. But try small pieces of fruit even when you aren't hungry or even thinking of food. It will control some of the MS

Thank you for the milk tip, it really helped this morning! I would never have thought of milk as when you have a bug milk is the last thing you want to have! But so far *touch wood* it's working :D I'm going to get some apples in a bit and try them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->