I can't sleep, tried everything!! Soooo tired!!

Tiffylove

Reaction score
I'm 30 weeks and for the past 2 weeks I have suddenly been unable to sleep.

I have tried unisom, puts me to sleep but I'm awake only 2 hours or less later tossing and turning. I've tried chamomile tea, hot bath, exercise, hubby massaging me, magnesium powder, Etc.

I'm now at a point where I feel completely exhausted and I just lay here in bed awake tossing and turning. I feel like I'm going to loose it, I honestly need sleep and not sure how long I can do this without going crazy.

I told the Doc last week and she said maybe I was coming down with something. Which wasn't it. When I wake up I feel as if all my muscles ache and I need to stretch or something but stretching doesn't help.

I read that at some time in the third trimester our bodies start releasing a hormone that relaxes the muscles but for me I feel my body is doing the opposite.

I just don't know what to do and am just laying here wishing I could sleep, so I thought I would post on here.

I'm desperate to fix this, it can't be good for the baby either because it is really stressing me out.

I went through the exact same thing about a month ago. For about two or three weeks no matter what I did (sleeping alone, extra pillows, no pillows, no blankets, extra blankets, baths before bed, tea), NOTHING worked. I eventually ended up falling asleep for two to three hours out of exhaustion after seven days because it was so horrible. The only thing that actually worked for me was to stop taking my prenatal vitamins for a little while. My doctor had told me that it could have been all of the B vitamins and Iron that were probably keeping me up. /:

I hope you start getting rest soon.

I had insomnia in the beginning of this pregnancy and I've noticed it coming back slowly. The other night I was up constantly and just couldn't go back to sleep. My son goes through this himself and his doctor told me not to get on him for not going back to sleep but to let him read which is a natural way to get him to sleep. I'm going to start trying that myself to see if it will help me as much as it helps my DS. Hopefully you can start getting some sleep soon!!!

I'm the exact same .... ;( been up for two days no with a short 2-3 hour nap that did nothing for me as I felt half awake through it
I toss and turn so much that hubby doesn't get any sleep and I end up walking around the house not sure where to try and rest again.
It's just horrible and to make matters worse just when I feel like I could sleep heartburn kicks in .... I love being pregnant and I don't like nagging over it but being so exhausted is just driving me insane and I'm just so frustrated

I hope this next stretch of weeks whizzes by so fast ;(

Oh and to add to the frustration, you mention that to mums and they go well you won't get much sleep when baby comes either ( like that helps!!) at least you CAN if someone watches over the baby for a while ;s

I dont seem to have a problem getting to sleep but baby likes to jump on my bladder and im awake evey hour to two hours to pee and if I try to nap in the day I only get half an hour before I wake up with a full bladder. Would love one night with uninterrupted sleep.

All I can say is ATM two hours in a row is a brill night sleep for me x sorry girls but it may get worse the one comfort I get is at least I should get more sleep when little man makes an appearance x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->