i cant stay awake!

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
is this normal? My sister reckons i have gestational diabetes.... she thinks she knows everything...

but basically yesterday at 2pm i fell asleep till 5pm then went back to sleep at 9pm right through till 7 am then back to sleep at 11am and slept through till 4pm.
I am on nights and thought i would be ok as i have just slept like a tramp but i am shattered already!

x

I slept a lot during my first trimester with my son. I worked Mon-Friday 9-5, & as soon as I got home, I would head straight to bed, wake around 10ish for a bowl of cereal, then sleep til 7 the next morning.

Oddly enough, this time around I feel awesome!

I sleep A LOT. At night usually 12 full hours and then I take naps during the day. :)

A few days before I got my + up until now (6+1 today) I can't get thru the day without at least a few hours sleep and I sleep about 9-10 hours every night. I work 3 days a week and the days after I work because I don't get to have my nap I usually have 2 sleeps for about 2-3 hours at a time the next day.

Your body is going thru a lot of changes...it is growing a teeny tiny baby so no wonder we're all so exhausted!!!

Its great that you're just going with it...no need to fight it, your body obviously needs the rest.

I don't think GD would even kick in this quickly but talk to your OB about it at your 1st appt.

Totally knackered is how I've felt. I dont sleep very well at night and I can never sleep for longer than 5 or 6 hours. At work, I'm on my feet all day constantly walking around with a half hour break and I do that 5 days a week. I always fall asleep on the bus and I've missed my stop a few times lately :rofl:

I am sleeping a lot as well. Well I get up fairly early and have breakfast. About 30-60 minutes later I need to lay back down and usually sleep about 2 hours. I am very sleepy early in the evening but usually try to fight it and then toss and turn for awhile before being able to fall asleep at night even though I feel exhausted.

I pretty much slept my way through 1st tri! it passed in a blurry sleep world!!!
Its normal to feel really tired as much as it is to feel totally wide away and bouncing (grr at you lucky few!)

On average I slept 9pm to 9am, up for hour back to bed 10am to 12 then back to bed 2-4 then managed to stay awake (just for the evening!)

Ive only just managed to get some energy back recently and Im 18 weeks now!

oh this is normal....and im afraid it could get worse....the fatigue in early pregnancy is just awful, im like a lazy dog,...i could literally sleep ALL day.....so dont worry...

I slept and slept and slept some more the weekend before I found out I was pregnant (AF would have been due on the Tuesday following). I was blaming it on having a late night on the Friday night but it was worse.

It does seem to have calmed down a bit now though. I'm getting tired earlier on a night, and falling to sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow which I never normally do.

I struggle to stay awake alot of the time too hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->