I can't stop worrying

cskme_

Reaction score
I am in my third tri now but thought this would be more applicable here...
On my 20 week scan my results came back that my baby had a "small isolated echogenic focus. Less than 1/600 chance of DS if maternal age is over 35" I keep seeing posts everywhere where people get an exact percent chance and I just got a lousy "less than 1/600" I am only 23 and it says "if maternal age is over 35" so does this mean it is way less than 600, and this is just an average they put on everyone's report in Canada? I wish I would have gotten one of those "1:20 000" like others have gotten. Anyways the focus had disappeared on my 30 week scan. But the femur bones were measuring almost 3 weeks behind, and everything else was measuring perfectly. I can't stop worrying I've been researching everything and crying for hours probably over nothing. I am just so freaked out and I want my baby to be healthy, as does everyone else I'm sure. People have gotten way worse results then me and I apologize if this post seems miniscule compared to others' findings.

I'm in the UK and even here different areas seem to give the DS etc results differently. Mine was 1/500 which is still really low, so doesn't seem like anything to worry about. I can understand why their ambiguous way of putting it could be stressful though, but it sounds like bad wording rather than anything of concern.
As for your other worries, have you discussed them with your midwife/care provider? Can you make an appointment to talk it all through? They should be able to explain it all to you and give you some reassurance.

I didn't even notice the measurement thing until I left with the piece of paper she gave me, of course I read it all and freaked myself out. I'm going to talk to her on Wednesday. And it's such a weird way to put it "less than 1/600 if maternal age is 35 or more" I don't understand why they couldn't have just used my age and said a more specific number. I hate worrying so much and I feel silly because everyone just laughs and tells me I'm overthinking everything. I know I am but it's just so hard for me not to

My son's femur measurements were always about 3 weeks behind. He's a healthy two year old now! He does have kind of short little legs... But he's healthy! Hoping the best for you. :)

My son's femur measurements were always about 3 weeks behind. He's a healthy two year old now! He does have kind of short little legs... But he's healthy! Hoping the best for you. :)

Im hoping it has something to do with my height. I'm 5'2 so hopefully she's just short like me lol

Is this for downs? Mine was 1/400 which I thought seemed high but they've said low risk. I honestly preferred it when you didn't get the numbers and it just said low/high risk etc

If your medical providers aren't concerned you don't need to worry either Hun.

At my 20 week scan the other day my little one was on target until they started measuring legs. I'm 5'2 and dh is 5'3. So really what can they expect?

Is this for downs? Mine was 1/400 which I thought seemed high but they've said low risk. I honestly preferred it when you didn't get the numbers and it just said low/high risk etc

If your medical providers aren't concerned you don't need to worry either Hun.

I agree, no one that I know got any measurements or percentages, just a simple "everything looks good" I wish my doctor would have just said that and left it at that. I'll try not to worry. Everyone's comments are already making me feel much Better

At my 20 week scan the other day my little one was on target until they started measuring legs. I'm 5'2 and dh is 5'3. So really what can they expect?

That's so good to know, there were tons of other things I read where people said the same thing. Not only am I 5'2 but I believe most of the shortness comes from my legs lol. I definitely have stubby legs

That's so good to know, there were tons of other things I read where people said the same thing. Not only am I 5'2 but I believe most of the shortness comes from my legs lol. I definitely have stubby legs

My dh has very stubby legs lol. We laughed and blamed her legs on him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->