I can't.....

tina3747

Mummy of 2 gorgeous boys!
Reaction score
..Make Yorkshire puddings,They always turn out like 6 little omelettes!!
I've tried millions of recipes and heating the oil, I'm such a failure!!
I also can't tell my left from right without holding my right hand up!!:dohh:

What can't you do that's ridiculously simple for everyone else?!

I could never make these! Then I tried the delia recipe and.. Amazing. Heated oven to 220degrees, 70g flour, 70ml water 55ml milk 1 egg :). Always yummy!

I can't make soft boiled eggs :( either end up not cooked, or hard as nails x

I can't tell my left and right and up till I got my first job I couldn't tie laces

I can't make fried eggs! I've watched people make them and tried quite a few times but they always end in bits all over the frying pan!

I can't make Yorkshire Puddings either, but will try that Delia recipe later, thanks :)

I also can't tell my left from right without looking and I can't make soft boiled eggs.
Omelettes never turn out right for me either, always looks like scrambled egg.

I'm a bit useless at them, partly because i never make them enough. My mum makes brilliant ones and i think what she does is use the same recipe as pancakes but with 1 extra egg i think. And she adds a little water to the mix. You need very hot oil before you put the mix in the pan.

I can't make scrambled eggs or omelet.

It took me AGES to perfect and then I lost it :haha: Got it back again and swear by this recipe: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/9020/best-yorkshire-puddings

Trick is making sure the oven and fat is red hot (I use my top oven separate from rest of food) and don't open to peek on them until they should be almost ready.

I buy the packets of batter mix as I just can't do yorkshires either (and I say this whilst hanging my head in shame, being a born and bred yorkshire lass)

They're great though, they cost about 10p a packet and all you do is add an egg and some water to it :)

Well I've done them with the delis recipe, they turned out like little teeny tiny baby puddings. I WANT GIANT ONES!!!

I use the aunt Bessie's batter mix usually and they turn out huge, just not the same saying you bought a mix!!

it could be that your oil isnt hot enough or your peeking at them through cooking i used to do it all the time if they still arent turning out right you can get Aunt Bessies ready made mix frozen in a little tin :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->