I caved and tried the doppler!

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I bought a doppler a couple of weeks ago and promised I wouldn't try it til 10 weeks. Well I'm not even 8 weeks and I gave it a go lol!
I couldn't find the heartbeat but I didn't expect to I just wish I could know what's going on in there!!! I've done so well waiting so far and not been worried but now I feel like time has stopped! I just wanna know if there's a living baba in there (or more than one!) and not a blighted ovum or worse like my first pregnancy!
I'd been so patient up until now but something just feels like it's snapped in me now and I want to know!

Wish we got early scans as standard here!

You could always book a private scan? I had one on Sat.

Yeah I know I actually have one booked but not til just before Christmas lol, I actually wanted to wait that long at first because I lost my first baby measuring 11 weeks but now I wish I'd booked it earlier but they have no availability (how that's possible I don't know coz it's not like you know way on advance that you will be pregnant and want an early scan!).
I'm just being impatient lol!
Plus they are so expensive!

What Doppler have you got? I have the sonoline B and found mine at 8+6! But a lot of women have found it sooner! :)

I also have the sonoline b, I've tried twice but only for about 20 mins each time as my hand gets cramps from holding the probe so still lol!
I've had it right on my pubic bone and I've heard what sounds like swooshing movements but that's probably just my blood flow or something lol!
It probably doesn't help that my c section scar sometimes feels tender when I press down on it so when I try pressing it hard it can hurt.

Any other tips?

I bet you will find it by next week :D I couldn't find mine unless I was led completely flat, no cushion for my head or anything. It made such a difference! I didn't have a full bladder or anything but I know some ladies do say that helps. I found baby easiest in the morning when I was around that stage, after I'd woke up and eaten breakfast! Good luck! :D

Oh and also I would start very low like you said on pubic bone and just keep moving a little bit, it took me 30 minutes to find it the first time, just got to have a lot of patience! But each day It got easier :)

Oooh I'll have a try without a pillow under my head then, I wasn't exactly as flat as I could be coz I was on the sofa with my feet up on df's lap too lol!

Plus I don't know when my bladder doesn't feel full these days lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->