I could kick myself - testing too early!!

charby

Reaction score
So despite the fact that I promised myself I would wait a couple more weeks at least before testing I just couldn't stop myself and bought 2 tests at lunchtime. I then promised myself I would wait until tomorrow and test with FMU but as soon as I got back to work I ran straight in the loo, tested when I didn't even really need a wee so only had 5 seconds worth not 10, got a BFN (hardly surprising) and now feel rubbish!!

What is wrong with me, why can't I listen to my head and not my heart?? :cry:

Thats how I was try againe soon! But how can we help our self... I mean we have to BD at the right time then the tww and then to test its sooo stressful! x :flower:

Thanks Laura. I only had my m/c a month ago, i only ovulated last week (I think) and my cycle is probably all out anyway but I just couldn't help myself.

The stupid thing was is that I went to buy my favourite soup for lunch and as soon as I saw it I instantly felt queasy and then I turned round and almost bumped into a pregnant woman so I saw it as a "sign" - in my head I know how stupid that is but at the time I couldn't stop myself and now I feel really down in the dumps lol.

I have to give my hpt's to my husband to hide - otherwise my heart always takes over and the 2ww drags on and on and on, with - hpt's. I would take a few a day if I had them, and that's just expensive!

Its so hard to stop yourself hun, after all the waiting we have done and what we have been through its no wonder!
Your not out until AF arrives, good luck xxx

Ha ha, it is going to get expensive I think.

Now another twist, checked the test again after an hour and there was very faint pink line, common sense told me it was an evap line (not that I know what one of those looks like) so tested again this morning and exactly the same thing happened. I've been dry heaving all day and my boobs are so sore, but I do have a cold and am achy all over so now I'm really confused.

Guess I'll be keeping the local chemist in business....!!!!

Hehe! Its could be then hun!!! :flower: Deffo test againe tomorrow!! xx il keeep watching hehe! did u opk thsi month...?

Oh Charby!
You're not alone, Hun!
We all do it!
I used to test early all the time. But now I give my tests to the OH, and he wont let me use them til 14DPO. Its better that way.
Hope you feel better soon Hun. And good luck for a BFP next week :dust:
xx

I think I ovulated around the weekend of New Years but that's just by CM, we were actively trying all that weekend and have been since. Because of my loss I'm not sure if my body is playing tricks on me. Keep looking at those tests though and both have definite pink lines but they didn't show up within the 10 minutes.

I do have quite a bad cold today so I guess all my symptoms could just be down to that but my daughter was eating strong smelling crisps earlier on and I couldn't stop retching, I had to take them off her. I still feel queasy just thinking about. I want this pregnancy so much though that I wonder if you can create those symptoms by the power of the mind if you know what I mean. I even found myself doing the wedding ring test over my belly earlier - I think I'm losing it. If my OH had seen me I think he would have left me - or had me sectioned!!!

What are we like???

What's the wedding ring test?
Hope it's more certain + tomorrow so you feel better :hugs:

Ha ha, it's the old wives tale when you put a wedding ring on a necklace and hold it over your tummy to sex the baby when you're pregnant. If it's a girl the ring swings side to side, if it's a boy it spins in a circular motion. We tried it when me and a few of my friends were pregnant with our first babies and it had 100% accuracy record so I rave about it, I also did it on 2 of my friends who have had babies recently and again it never missed. To balance it I've also done it on people who aren't pregnant and the ring doesn't move. With my lost pregnancy it predicted a boy and just because of that I always refer to him as him. When I did it yesterday it swung side to side.

No, I thought I would wait until tomorrow and get a digi test - but knowing me I'll probably change my mind and go get a test today!!!! I actually feel loads better today, could have been a 24 hour bug or something.

i had the same yesterday... really nauseus. cramps etc, so i tested this morning lol and i got a bfn! :( x

well according to my ov calander and ticker 4 dpo, but i felt like id ov's earlier and obviously cus the symptoms i thought ahh why not lol

It's so hard to stop yourself isn't it. Well you've got cramps and stuff and it's too early for AF so that sounds positive. Fingers crossed for u x

I'll let you know how I get on if I do retest today or tomorrow x x

what are we all like, i am so tempted to test, even though i am only 6DPO, i got a +ve with FRER with the last pregnancy at 10 DPO but i miscarried to am trying to resist and wait till i'm late. if i get any strong symptoms, i'll be testing early!

good luck, let us know how you get on.

T x

Hi ladies. Well, I've tested twice since the weekend, the first one I messed up and it was invalid, the second one came back BFN so for now no further forward. I am still collecting symptoms though, this cold is coming and going for fun, have sore boobs, weird shooting pains and feel sooooo sick BUT still getting BFN so maybe it's just that AF is on the way.

Wish I had a clearer idea of dates etc but really just don't know so I guess I just wait a week or so and if still no sign of AF that I test again.

Just thought I'd update you all. Hope you're all keeping well and those BFP's are just round the corner x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->