I couldn't delay any longer.....

Leanne&Bump..x

Mam of Karl & a Pup x
Reaction score
I would be really grateful for some of your vegetable puree recipies please.

For a while now Karl hasnt been satisfied with just his milk...So far ive tries him with baby rice, and an apple and fair fruit pot. I would like to give him vegetables before fruit though, so pleassse, if you have any veggie recipies would you share them pleassee :) (I only want home made foods,not jars :))
Thankss alot
x

I've been using the annabel karmel book for purees it's really good. Some of the recipes are on her website - google her.
I started with single veg like carrot, sweet potato, butternut squash then broccoli cauliflower etc
Then i combined some of them together. Kathryn really likes butternut squash and pear together!

i agree, the annabel karmel book and website is great, maddi loves the chicken puree, i think i posted it in the recipe thread on the sticky in this forum bit :)

as for puree's i just peel and chop the veg, like carrot or parsnip or sweet potato or butternut squash, cover with water and boil until soft, then blend it down.

you can then freeze them in ice cube trays, annabel karmel does some ice cube trays in boots that are very good, and you can always mix and match, so make a batch of carrot say and another of cauliflower and mix them together x

Ellie loves ratatoulie so easy fry onion tiny bit of garlic, carrots, green beans, finely sliced courgettes, skinned auburgine, tin of chopped tomatos and abit of tomato puree and simmer until cooked.

Instead of boiling, try steaming the veg if you can. This way they retain more of their vitamins and goodness :) A great dessert is carrots and raisins. I soak the raisins in hot water and then puree and mix in with the pureed carrots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->