I crashed the car :(

missk1989

Reaction score
I had a bit of a crash tonight. When the sun was low in the sky i swerved a car that was coming towards me but was then blinded by the sun and went up a very high curb. Its broken the wheel and pushed it into the wheel arch possibly even broken the axel. Noone was hurt but its a massive inconvenience. Without the car I cant get the baby to nursery or even get to university as its in the middle of nowhere. Its going to cost us to fix obviously and OH is in a massive mood because he has had to deal with the AA all night with it being his insurance. Now they have said if the axel is broken then they probably write the car off. :( Not a good day. Oh and to top it off MIL has had lo all day coz she wanted to take him out and he didnt get a nap at all. Instead he fell asleep at half 5 and wont wake which means he will be up before 5am. Lucky me! I think im going to go and cry into my pillow now!

I'm sorry honey! I know it sucks crashing... Done it before. Im glad your OK though. I hope things get sorted soon. :hugs:

Glad your okay! :hug: Hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you! :) xx

:hugs:
tomorrow is a new day!! Hoping they don't write the car off

Glad you're ok! It's awful crashing a car :( I've been there but what you have to remember is it could of been worse :hugs: x

Thanks ladies. OH is still out sorting the insurance and stuff at 11pm. I feel so guilty. Im dreading him coming home in case he has bad news but on the other hand i want to go to bed!

I'm sorry, but don't be hard on yourself, these things happen x

I've had 3 car crashes.

If they write the car off they will offer you money for it, so that can go towards a new car.

I know it's hard without a car and also very scary when you get back behind the wheel.
Big hugs.

Be thankful nobody was hurt and another car wasn't hit.
That makes things 100000 times worse xx

Awh honey! I had a bad crash this year, but luckily for me it was found to be the other persons fault so I was left out of dealing with it. I know how stressful it can be :( I hope it's good news x

Well, they are almost definitley writing off the car but we get a hire car whilst they investigate then like someone said they will give us money to get a new one. Its not a total disaster just really frustrating as the crash itself was pretty minor. All i did was hit a curb at 20mph. But, it was a big curb and the angle it hit it at snapped the axel. Never mind, i think im over the shock of it and OH is talking to me again. He says hes not angry at me just at the situation but i still feel guilty. His mum bought us that car and it was her insurance we were on. Luckily she has 11 years no claims so her insurance wont be affected and she has been really good about it. Thanks for your support, it always helps to talk to someone.

Everything will be fine in the end!!

Despite only being 21 I've managed to write off 3 cars, so don't feel so bad about it :laugh2:

Everything will be fine in the end!!

Despite only being 21 I've managed to write off 3 cars, so don't feel so bad about it :laugh2:

:haha: how?! Haha x
Well, my first car - a clapped out old Corsa - had its wheel fall off when I was doing 50, so that ended up hitting a sign-post whilst sliding sideways and ended up with a bent frame. Next was my mum's Ford Mondeo (which I was driving whilst buying something to replace the Corsa, ironically) which skidded on a patch of ice on my way to work and crashed head-first into a parked van.

Last but not least was the car before my latest one - a 2004 Volvo S60 - which actually was NOT my fault as somebody rear-ended me.

You could say I took a bit of a risk when I decided to buy a brand new car earlier this year, but the way I see it - bad luck comes in threes, so it is all over and done with now!

My husband doesn't seem to agree though, as I needed to use his Jeep the other day and I had to practically wrestle the keys out of his hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->