I cried all weekend thinking I'd MC'd... but...

FartyBum

Reaction score
I conceived on 16th October, implanted late I think.

Last Thursday my HCG was 96. On Saturday it was 173.5. On Saturday afternoon I began bleed, heavily, with clots, and period-like cramping. Not severe but definitely real. Bleeding totally finished Sunday evening.

Cried like a baby all weekend. Devastation.

Went back for more HCG testing yesterday just to make sure they were dropping, and lo and behold, they had gone UP, not a huge amount mind, but to 260.

I know my numbers are still very low, but they're rising. I don't know what to think.

Through Google (our best friend and our worst enemy), I've read that low HCG can mean twins, and a heavy bleed can mean loss of one? Also reading a lot about ectopic. Anyone any similar experiences?

Last Thursday my HCG was 96. On Saturday it was 173.5. On Saturday afternoon I began bleed, heavily, with clots, and period-like cramping. Not severe but definitely real. Bleeding totally finished Sunday evening.

Went back for more HCG testing yesterday just to make sure they were dropping, and lo and behold, they had gone UP, not a huge amount mind, but to 260.

I know my numbers are still very low, but they're rising. I don't know what to think.

Through Google (our best friend and our worst enemy), I've read that low HCG can mean twins, and a heavy bleed can mean loss of one? Also reading a lot about ectopic. Anyone any similar experiences?

Hey fartybum, my experience was exactly like your and it was ectopic. I hope that's not the case for you but heavy bleeding with clots and slow rising hcg was specifically what my RE said made her think ectopic. I really hope that's not the case but if you haven't researched ectopics too deeply (I hear you about google!) I would take a look at the other signs so if it is you are aware and know when to seek medical help if needed. Here's one link you should probably take a look at just in case! I hope it is a vanishing twin or SCH! :hugs:

https://www.justmommies.com/articles/ectopic-pregnancy-symptoms.shtml

Wishing for you and your little bean.. maybe it will all turn around, really hope nothing difficult like ectopic is the cause but definitely know what symptoms to look for, for ectopic, I hope you find out quickly, limbo is awful <3

Hey fartybum, my experience was exactly like your and it was ectopic. I hope that's not the case for you but heavy bleeding with clots and slow rising hcg was specifically what my RE said made her think ectopic. I really hope that's not the case but if you haven't researched ectopics too deeply (I hear you about google!) I would take a look at the other signs so if it is you are aware and know when to seek medical help if needed. Here's one link you should probably take a look at just in case! I hope it is a vanishing twin or SCH! :hugs:

https://www.justmommies.com/articles/ectopic-pregnancy-symptoms.shtml

Hmmmmm, I had a read there, thanks a million for the link, bottom line is if I feel pain to head to the hospital. Gotcha! :thumbup:

I haven't seen too many success stories about hormone levels as low as mine unfortunately... Expecting the worst but hoping for the best! :flower:

Yes definitely if you feel pain but also I assume they are going to continue to monitor your levels and do scans? I can only go on my experience and after my bleed I had no pain which was the case almost all the way up until my surgery at 8 weeks. I kept getting scans every few days hoping to see a sign of a uterine pregnancy and at 7 weeks we did methotrexate which by then was too late to work as hcg was 10k. We did one last scan before surgery and saw he heartbeat in my left tube which was sad but it also made me mad at myself for not taking action sooner.

To each their own on how to handle an ectopic as it's an AWFUL experience but make sure your doctors are monitoring you closely in case it is hun. I hope everything works out okay for you chica and you don't even have to think about it! Hugs and let us know what happens. :hugs:

Within a few minutes of posting this thread I got stabbing pains in my lower tummy, went to the bathroom and was bleeding rich red blood.

Have referral from my doctor and am on my way into Holles Street now.

Hope whatever happens, happens quickly :(

Within a few minutes of posting this thread I got stabbing pains in my lower tummy, went to the bathroom and was bleeding rich red blood.

Have referral from my doctor and am on my way into Holles Street now.

Hope whatever happens, happens quickly :(

Fartybum I'm so sorry! hugs and I will be thinking of you. :cry:

When I had a missed miscarriage my levels continued to slowly rise. I didn't pass the baby until the week after. But I was bleeding due to cervical abrasions.

I hope this isn't the case for you.

I pray for a sticky little baby for you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Just home from a glorious 3 hour wait in the Casualty department of the National Maternity Hospital.

They did a quick scan, had a look at my bloods progress to date, and took bloods to do their own testing. The doctor determined that although I haven't miscarried, the odds of me miscarrying in the very near future are extremely high, what with the low HCG levels, the bleeding, the history of MC, and the nothingness on the scan.

I liked how they didn't sugar coat it. I can now deal with it. Is it strange that I just want the bleeding to start so I can begin to move on?

Just home from a glorious 3 hour wait in the Casualty department of the National Maternity Hospital.

They did a quick scan, had a look at my bloods progress to date, and took bloods to do their own testing. The doctor determined that although I haven't miscarried, the odds of me miscarrying in the very near future are extremely high, what with the low HCG levels, the bleeding, the history of MC, and the nothingness on the scan.

I liked how they didn't sugar coat it. I can now deal with it. Is it strange that I just want the bleeding to start so I can begin to move on?

I'm so sorry to hear this. Is it set in stone or is there still a chance the baby is ok?

I felt the same, as the baby had passed away but my body didn't realise it. I just wanted it to be over with so I could move on. Feel free to pm me if you need to talk about it :hugs:

Do you have by chance endometriosis? It can cause bleeding during your normal period times when pregnant. Could this be why you're bleeding? Have your doctors looked into previous MC and this one to determine why?

Hey, how long was your bleed? With my first Lily, a few years back, at about week 10 I had a massive bleed with clots/the lot whilst I was in the shower (just after sex actually). That was it, I was devastated, I felt really faint (not sure if it was the trauma of seeing the bleed). That was on NYE so I held out till I got back from our trip a few days later, went for a scan and everything was right as rain. Fingers crossed for you hun x

I'm so sorry you are going through this. :hugs:

And no, I don't think it is strange. I had a similar episode on Monday. And while I was hoping everything was okay, I really just wanted to to know what was going on with my body.

Keep us updated. I hope everything is okay with you.

Not at all.

When I had my MMC in the summer I had a scan that showed a tiny fetal pole and no heartbeat and was made to wait 9 days to see if there was any growth. I was totally dreading the follow up appointment, but finding out for certain was such a relief. I think the not knowing whats going on can be far worse than the knowing. At least when you know its bad news you can grieve and plan ahead and have an idea of what the future will look like.

Sorry about the bad news. I hope you are okay :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->