i didnt think i would be back but here i am AGAIN!,,

mama_t

Reaction score
hi everyone, i thought it was time to introduce myself again to 1st trimester.
im now 7+6 and the joy is kicking in. this pregnancy was a bit of an oops, but we always said if i get pregnant its ok...we only used condoms and not always from the beginning, still, when i had the positiv test in front of me, i was in a state of shock i guess.
now that we told our parents and their positive reactions the joy is over this third pregnancy is setting in.
i am just a bit nervous about the doctors care... im german and thats where we live, our first was born here 14 years ago and my experience wasnt a very good one, with our second just 2 1/2 years ago we lived in kuwait and i was in awe about how well the care was and the delivery ( planned cs) was a breeze as was the recovery in the hospital that was more of a 6 star hotel really. i felt very well taken care of.
now back in germany i tried to choose a good doctor and i think i found one, had my first appointment already and so far im ok with it...i guess im just spoiled.
anyways, i really just wanted to say hello to all you ladies!:happydance:

Hi, congratulations on your pregnancy xx

Hi congratulations on your little suprise! :happydance:

I hope you manage to get the care you deserve :)

Congrats! A wonderful surprise. I had my first in Abu Dhabi UAE. It was not a great experience. I had my second in small town Canada and it was fantastic to be well taken care of. I am happily having my third in the same hospital. Gotta love a private room! I was with 5 other women in the UAE. Anyway, I hope you have a great experience in Germany. :)

i had a privat room in kuwait. and it seriously looked like a hotel room, the meals were brought in on a round table with crisp white table cloths on nice dishes...
the medical care was outstanding, i couldnt have wished fom more.
we were lucky to have really good health insurance there, i dont want to know how bad conditions are in public clinics, we could always go to the big privat hospitals that the royal family also uses.
our son had his appendix removed before we foud out about our options with the insurance so he was in a public hospital, it was very bad with 6 kids in a room plus their families that visited every day, all day! and it seemed very dirty.

Ugh! Well, the hospital in Abu Dhabi was only a birthing hospital, and it was the only hospital that could deal with neo-natal problems. So yes, I could have gone to a private hospital and had a different experience but I wanted the "safest" hospital. It was definitely clean and the nurses and midwives were very well educated, the Royals had their babies there too but they got private rooms, hahaha. It just was too busy and too big for me :) It was a cool experience but I am glad to be doing it this time in Canada. I worry slightly about my son's future children's citizenship just because if he has children outside of Canada, they won't be Canadian. And having lived in another part of the world I now appreciate my citizenship. Did you have any issues with birth certificates? For four weeks my son had no real citizenship until he was issued a passport by Canada because being born in the UAE doesn't make you a citizen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->