I didn't wake up when she cried!

S

Serene123

I feel soooooooo bad but I slept through her crying and Rich had to sort her out. Now I'm worried I'm always going to do it and I'm afraid to go to sleep! I feel like such a bad mum. What happened to instinct?

:(:(

aw dont beat your self up, it happens... I have done it and I'm sure we all have.

Just be glad Rich was there, Dan wouldn't wake up if a train hit the house.... he has never once gotten up in the night..... Just try and sleep as much as you can in the day time when she is too.... that will help.

really cute little girl BTY!

Thank you!

I know it happens but I dunno, it just shocked me. I normally wake up every time she moves.

Toria, she is only 10 days old, and you are still recovering and learning to be a mom.
It takes time, but you will see that with time you will know the way she breathes and you will hear her every breath. It gets easier.

sending you a huge hug huni. You're not a bad mum - if you were you wouldn't be bothered about it. I agree with aqua - she's only 10 days old and you're still learning to be a Mum, - and a good one by the sounds of it :hugs:

Aww sweetie :hugs: don't beat yourself up about it, you must have really needed to sleep, and i'm betting Rich was in a less deeper sleep than you to hear her, if she had been really wailing you would have heard her no doubt xxx

:hugs: we all get tired hun, you're doing brilliantly so no downers on yourself :hugs:

dont beat yourself up, ure human! i promise you if your OH was not there you would have def woken up after a bit, but he took care of her so you didnt wake up. no harm done its good for daddy to do some work!

I agree with the others, you're just learning, doesn't make you a bad mum! I know I'll probably do it at some point and even the slightest thing will wake me up! :hugs:

Oh don't beat yourself up Toriaaa believe me that cry gets louder & sleep or not you will know about it if she REALLY needs you :lol:

I know its not the best feeling I've been there & to be quite honest still do it!

When Caitlin was not very old at all (probably about the same age as Caitlyn) I fell sleep on the sofa her moses right beside my head - I didn't hear her Stu did & he was upstairs and he too sorted her out.

I think part of it is knowing someone is in the house and your shattered - if your not I'll be surprised ;) but when I have Caitlin on my own somehow I hear every little whimper from her.

x

Me and Matt have both done the same hun. Tonight is going to be my first night on my own with Seth and Im terrified, but Im sure if something is actually wrong he'll cry loud enough to let me know about it!

Feel better

xxx

:hugs: It happens to us all in the early days and like the others have said, if she really needed you, trust us, you'd have heard her. When I was in hospital, though, the first night I had Anna up on the ward with me I was so relieved that I felt able to sleep at last, knowing that she was next to me and I would be able to wake and feed her if she needed me... but I was so exhausted from being down in SCBU with her pretty much 24/7 previously that I fell asleep for about the first time in 5 days, and regret to say that I had her screaming beside me and didn't wake up :( A midwife came and had to wake me (which I've been told wasn't easy! :blush:) and that's pretty bad because I was on the overflow bit of the ward far away from the midwife centre, so for them to have heard she must have been wailing quite loudly :blush:

MrBum says that he often wakes up when Anna complains and I'm still soundo, so he just rolls me over, rolls her over, and sticks her on my boob for me! :rofl: I didn't believe him until I woke up to find her suckling on me (when she had previously been curled up in Daddies arms) lol

You're not a bad mum, you're a very good mummy :)

Toriaaa you wait til you wake before her ....now thats frustrating :rofl:

She has suddenly decided to stop sleeping for a long time and wake up every 2 hours. Don't think I'll be waking up before her for a while!

Awww hun it happens to us all at some stage doesnt make anyone a bad mummy. You have such a gorgeous little girl :hug::hugs:

DH was always having to wake me up in the night in the early days and that was when they were in the same room as us. If I can sleep through 2 babies crying I wouldn't worry about sleeping through one little one!

Things have changed now though. I hear every cough and murmur. Ohhh for those days when I didn't hear them! :winkwink: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->