i do i stop...

Zarababy1

4 boys. TTC #5
Reaction score
My littel man from touching EVERYTHING! i do the whole "NO!" and pick him up n move him away thing but he just crawls right back over, i think he knows what NO means because when i say it he stops turns around n looks at me, some times even sits up and dosnt touch! but hes pulling everything out and i cant stop him from touching the tv and dvd player he's even started pulling him self up and hitting the tv! im going out of my mindddd

I don't have a solution, but hopefully it will help you to know that you are not alone. My boy can't even play in his room. Anything wires, remotes, plugs etc are his targets. I'm hoping as he gets older and understands more that he will stop.

i have no idea jack does the same!!

i just keep moving him until he gets the point x

Sometimes it's better allowing them to safely explore what they're wanting so it's not as interesting any more. But sometimes you just have to keep moving them - I found that if I made it a game, Kaya often forgot what she was after in the first place as she was having so much fun being chased and caught - it makes it more bearable for you as well.

I kinda agree with Marley. I just let Colton touch stuff and explore his surroundings. As long as its not something that could hurt him (we have guards on all our outlets, etc so he cannot get in those) then I just let him see/touch it; he soon gets over it when he realizes the object doesn't do anything and doesn't bother it much anymore; maybe once every one-two weeks.

I let her touch everything (including the TV and the DVD player) but if she touches something dangerous she gets a sturn "NO." I don't move her away, and she has learnt that no means she can't touch something. She's really good with that.

Sometimes it's better allowing them to safely explore what they're wanting so it's not as interesting any more. But sometimes you just have to keep moving them - I found that if I made it a game, Kaya often forgot what she was after in the first place as she was having so much fun being chased and caught - it makes it more bearable for you as well.

This is excactly what we do because if we pull him away he wanders why and wants to know what it does so i leave him to it and after a minute or too he realises its nothing n crawls away

they get worse with age leeon has just started going for the plug switch one minute the telly is on n the next swiutch is off at the sockets nightmare :dohh:

I let her touch everything (including the TV and the DVD player) but if she touches something dangerous she gets a sturn "NO." I don't move her away, and she has learnt that no means she can't touch something. She's really good with that.

SNAP!! (sorry for the double post dont know how to quote 2 people in one post)

If you ever find out Zara, please tell me.

It only gets worse when they are walking. Im forever having to put the wii games back, move olivia etc etc etc. Its al I do!!!!

I dont let Olivia touch such items as the TV etc, I think just before xmas there was 2 cases of children being killed due to touching the TV and them coming off the stand, Fair enough its only a LCD tv, to you and me not much at all but to a 1 year old baby my god it must hit them with force. The more she stays away from such items & electrical things the better for me

Arghhh

x

Seth does the same but at night time in his cot.... he'll be lying down, drifting off to sleep, then suddenly decide he wants to sit up, then he sits up and cries because he's woken himself up, then tries to stand up and cries even more because he doesn't want to be stood up. But I can't keep lying him back down because he screams even louder?!?! Im hoping itll die down soon as he realises he can do it properly and doesn't have to keep practicing but if you ever find a solution PLEASE let me know!!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->