I don’t know how to read the tests or other signs.

xCookieDoughx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
My son was born sleeping on the 1st November at 19+5, and I stopped bleeding after 2 weeks. I had a coil for 18 months before conceiving him and got pregnant before my first period after having the coil removed. And as I am breastfeeding my 2 year old and have from birth and had a coil put in when she was 3 months I haven’t had a period or normal cycle in over 3 years! As my last ‘period’ was the one before conceiving my 2 year old. And we weren’t tracking my cycles then, it was just a NTNP kinda thing.

So anyway, I had my coil removed for health reasons and conceiving immediately was a surprise as we hadn’t actively planned to have any more. But getting half way through my pregnancy and then him passing away was the worst thing I’ve ever gone through. And it’s made me feel so empty and alone.

So, even though we don’t want to actively try and conceive right now, I’m trying to track my cycles so that I know what’s what when it comes to trying next year.

I know after a miscarriage etc, your cycles can take a while to get back to normal, so I’ve been taking ovulation tests to try and predict when my next period will be and how long I can expect the luteal phase to last and all that.

But anyways, my problem is that I don’t understand how to read the tests, why they get lighter and darker, what cervical position has to do with anything, and all that!

I know the test has to be both lines equal darkness for a positive so I know all these are negative but when I thought I might be ovulating a few days ago as my cm was slippery and my cervix was high and soft and open, the tests were completely negative! Now that my cervix is lowering a little, only medium open and firming up a bit, and my cm is more white and like a thin watery lotion I’m getting slightly darker lines.

I’m so confused! Any help or experience appreciated! Thanks!

These are the tests

Attachments

• 3B0B686A-2BC6-42DE-AB81-4E05790AE668.jpg
    3B0B686A-2BC6-42DE-AB81-4E05790AE668.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 21
These are the tests

Hey Hun ❤ all I know is if the lines are the same or stronger you are ovulating I never bothered checking my cervix. I have a cbfm you can have if you want to track that way xxx

Thank you for your reply :) I’ve used ovulation tests briefly in the past and never got a strong line but I wasn’t really using them properly or tracking properly, so I don’t know! Lol. I hate all this, I wish it was easy xx

These are the updated tests

Attachments

• 3A467404-94F7-44EB-ABFE-E175BF58150D.jpg
    3A467404-94F7-44EB-ABFE-E175BF58150D.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 13
My OPKs fluctuate daily with darkness and lightness. There is no rhyme or reason for it. I wouldn't go based on progression unless you get one that is just a slight shade lighter than positive.

So sorry for the loss of your son. I cannot imagine what you are going through. GL in the future

I never checked my cervix. I found that it didn't coincide with what you were told it should be like.
Having said that...the bottom test in your last pic looks positive to me...

I just stuck with OPKs and BBT. As I have PCOS, OPKs weren't always reliable.

Your LH levels can fluctuate throughout the month and at different times of the day as a PP said so until that test line is as dark or darker than the control, you can't be certain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->