"I don't care what you name him, I'm calling him what I want" UPDATE P2

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
How do you deal with people who say that? I'm about ready to tell my mil if she can't call him by name she won't lay eyes on him, because I have repeatedly told her his name is Leo and she calls him Tucker and told me it would be his nickname for the rest of his life. Ugh.

pet names are fine with me... my mam used to call my son froggy (because he always had his legs up in the fetal position) now she calls him Plum, my OH calls him Lumpy and I call him Sweetheart or Bugger bum and non of us even think about it just a natural reaction

I don't think it's a pet name, when I correct her saying his name is Leo she tells me it isn't, and its tucker...she even calls my bump tucker and tells me I need to stop confusing him by calling him Leo.

Tell her "I dont care what YOUR name is, i'm calling you Cowface and it will be your nickname for the rest of your life"!

Wow. She sounds rude & over bearing! Tucker isn't a nickname or a pet name - it's a name she plans to give the baby... as his first name. What is your OH saying about it??? I think your OH needs to talk to her about it and let her know she is being rude and out of line! Does she hate the name Leo.... or just love the name Tucker? Or.... is she just a PITA for the sake of being a PITA?! :haha:

Wow. She sounds rude & over bearing! Tucker isn't a nickname or a pet name - it's a name she plans to give the baby... as his first name. What is your OH saying about it??? I think your OH needs to talk to her about it and let her know she is being rude and out of line! Does she hate the name Leo.... or just love the name Tucker? Or.... is she just a PITA for the sake of being a PITA?! :haha:

She's just a jerk...If I had said his name is tucker shed find another name to like better.

My husband plans on calling her "papaw j" because she wouldn't let his papaw j see him for a few years because he called my husband timmy instead of Timothy and she's against nicknames :dohh: if that doesn't help I'll just let her know that he will know my family more because they call him by his name, and not try to confuse him with other names.

Wow, that woman sounds insane!

Best to stick to your boundaries from the start and let her know her actions have consequences- ie, she wont get to see baby Leo very often (if at all).

She had her time to name her own babies- now she has to step back and let you and her son be the parents with all the fun stuff that goes with it, including naming the bub.

PS, I love the name Leo, it's on my list too.

hmmm... shes probably just a b*tch then lol

tell her where to go (I have a foreign name and when I was little people constantly changed it to what they thought was more appropriate and western - I hated it, im not Rachel, Rebecca, Rosie, Patricia or Regina and if your kid is like me they will despise it and it will just look bad on the person that does it

I could maybe mildly understand it if you had picked a silly name like moonshinella shanaynay or something ridiculously insane or offensive like Hitler Kony Saddam but I think Leo is pretty down to earth acceptable name why is she objecting?

Idk...I told her I was gonna name him diarrhea instead..she left lol

I should have done what I did to my family...I told them I'm going to name him a ridiculous name. They are really begging me to change it (its a family name but its extremely Girly) so when I tell them Leo they are going to be relieved :haha:

Idk...I told her I was gonna name him diarrhea instead..she left lol

I should have done what I did to my family...I told them I'm going to name him a ridiculous name. They are really begging me to change it (its a family name but its extremely Girly) so when I tell them Leo they are going to be relieved :haha:

I didnt tell anyone but my mam was convince I was going to use a list I wrote when I was 5 lol

which included things like:

Kandi (I already have a cousin called Candice and a dog called Candy)
Bimbella (I loved this)
Tallush-Tallush :)wacko:)
Paulina (the only one she mildly liked - Paul names are common family names for us)
Zara (my middle name)
Petree (think this was me miss hearing Demitri lol)
Jesus :)nope:)
Tom (not horrible but the name of all our cats lol)

she didn't dare object to anything anyway because we where on rocky ground but she was soooo relieved when she heard Jake and as soon as it was said she was like 'oh, you always liked that name when you where younger' :dohh:

Haha...bimbella is my favorite :rofl:
I bet inside she was going crazy until you told her

Every time she says "Tucker", change it to "F***er". That 'll stop her. lol

Seriously, though. My mother, father and sister both did this to me with my first. With my second, my mom and sister weren't so nice once again. I've come to the conclusion that some people are just plain rude, but they all got over it and stopped picking on me after baby had settled into his ACTUAL name. So annoying, though. If she insists on calling him that,... have her son deal with her. lol I wouldn't even deal with that behavior, myself. And there's no reason why you should have to deal with her idiotic behavior when she's probably just TRYING to stress you out.

Grandmother-in-law called him Leo today :) mother in law won't come around to visit since we won't name him tucker....oh well..ill get over it :haha:

Tucker is a cute name, but I'd HATE someone purposely calling my kid (unborn or not) a different name. Nicknames are fine, but Tucker is certainly not a nickname - its a real name. Ugh. MILs....

Next time she says Tucker you could say, "ya know, I just think of dumb truckers when I hear Tucker".

NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE...it simply rhymes. :)

Tucker is a cute name, but I'd HATE someone purposely calling my kid (unborn or not) a different name. Nicknames are fine, but Tucker is certainly not a nickname - its a real name. Ugh. MILs....

Next time she says Tucker you could say, "ya know, I just think of dumb truckers when I hear Tucker".

NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE...it simply rhymes. :)

was the use of the word dumb really necessary?

also over here tucker is very much a nickname, couldn't imagine it on an actual birth certificate :nope:

How rude of her!
atm we are calling my bump stawberry thanks to my son telling eveyone thats what hes calling her, but when i told my mum some of real choices her response was "if you name her that i will her something else" grrrr!!!!

Update - he's here..and definitely a Leo lol you should hear my lion roar!

My MIL baby talks him and will tell him how ugly his name is..and it's ok because he can change it to tucker when he's old enough to tell me about it. She rarely gets to see him and my husband said she can't until she respects our choice for our son.

My grandmother surprisingly hates his name, too, and refuses to use it and keeps calling him Matthew or Matty..she never said anything until recently though p..not even when i was pregnant, and I didn't get a chance to say anything to her I was so shocked lol. My mom surprisingly stuck up for me and him, though, and told her he needs to be called by his name.

Other than that everyone LOVES it..everyone's brothers sisters cousin is apparently named Leo and most of his doctors are happy that it isn't Brayden/aiden/cayden/jayden (very unique naming trend)

Anyway, wanted to update :)

I find it really weird that someone would use a completely different name. You should start calling your dh something else when she's around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->