I don't know what I should do?

Ashtong

Reaction score
I went to see my doctor in January and he said all my bc was out of my system and I should be able to get pregnant anytime and if I'm not in august he would start doing something to help. So.. I had a period jan31st heavy lasted for 4 days. Then 29 days later when my period was due I spotted for a day and a half and yesterday I started a heavy flow again. So basically I had a 49 day cycle. I have been on the pill for awhile and had one depo shot but I don't ever remember having this long of a cycle? I counted the spotting as my "period" so when this new bleeding started I was on CD 18. I'm thinking I might wait to see if my period comes quicker next time or should I go ahead and call the doctor? I really have no idea what to do

Can I ask when did you stop taking birth control and what form did you take?

Also I thinking calling a doctor or nurse is always a good idea. That's what they are there for and it will give you peace of mind.

Hey

The depo can affect your body for a while, so it may be that.
Get checked, they can run blood tests at cd21 to see if you have ovulated.

I have had an ultrasound which didn't show anything wrong, blood tests and other bits and bobs. My doc is referring me now so I'm waiting to see what's next.
I was on the depo for 3 yrs then onto the patch.

My cycle is toughly 29 days but my AF is v light and I've been ttc since June 13 with no luck.

You were most recently on the pill, correct? The pill leaves your system in a matter of days, however your body (usually) takes longer than that to start ovulating regularly again. Also, if you were irregular before being on BC, it is likely you will be irregular after getting off.

I was on BCP for 10 years. It took almost a year for my cycles to get somewhat regular, and in that time some of my cycles were 60-90 days long.

The best thing for you to do is use an app like fertility friend to start tracking your cycles, even though they are irregular. You can also start using OPKs to narrow down your O date and plan sex that way. Irregular cycles are annoying, but you can absolutely get pregnant while having them.

I was on the pill for a few years and then had one depo shot in July. I'm trying to monitor my cycles but it's hard when it's this long. I plan on temping this cycle too so hopefully that will help. What day should I start the opk you think? My doctor said everything was out of my system by now but who knows. I'll guess I'll BD every other day and just hope for the best!

I'd start temping from cd8 then go to 2 times a day OPK at cd10-cd14 for the surge - I hope that helps xx

No probs, if you need anything just shout , or feel free to pm me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->