i Dont know whether to be happy or sad.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
As some of you may know or remember me post a week or so ago saying joshua wont settle/sleep through the day on his own.

well since yesterday he has been so ratty and unsettled with me holding him to get him to sleep.
so i put him in his moses basket while he has been wide awake but tired and he has gone to sleep all on his own.

today he had a feed at 11.30 put him in his moses basket at about 12ish and he is still asleep.

now i dont know whether i should be happy that he is settling to sleep by his self or be sad.

hes growing too quickly, i know i was moaning that i couldnt put him down during the day but now i miss our cuddles.

here are a few pics of how he used to sleep on me,i know it looks uncomfy but that was the only way he would settle.

Attachments

• IMAGE_047.jpg
    IMAGE_047.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMAGE_076.jpg
    IMAGE_076.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 15
Oscar did this. he didnt want o be swaddled from the age of 2 tweeks and likes to fall alseep alone. Sometimes he does have a nap with a cuddle but only if I am laying with him and he is on his side. Definatly see it as a blessing. Later you will get lots of cuddles through the day :hugs:

yeah i guess its good but its not nice when they dont need you as such.

of a night time he has a bottle at 7ish and i put him down by 8 and he is wide awake in his moses basket in our bedroom and he lays there for an hour of so until he falls asleep and i feel so guilty that he is in there all on his own. he doesnt cry so he must be ok

Thats how Chloe used to sleep. She still falls asleep on me sometimes, but no she can pit herself to sleep nights are much easier- i can fed her and put her straight down I used to have to sit with her for ages.

You're lucky! Hannah won't go to sleep unless we put her to sleep and during the day she hardly stays asleep unless I'm holding her! I know I'll miss it when she stops, but right now it'd be nice to have some non-holding time :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->