I dont think im producing enough milk!!!! Help!!!!

Mommyof2bois

Reaction score
My baby is 6 weeks old and i feel my breast are not getting full anymore!! I try to pump but nothing comes out just a couple of drops. He has been fussy and waking up every hour at night! I dont want to give him formula but he cries and i try putting him on my breast and he is very squirmy! This is my second baby i didnt breast feed the first i couldnt it dried up and now im afraid it happening again. What do i do im very sad and concerned! Please help!!!

There's a 6 week growth spurt which would explain why he's fussy and up feeding frequently. Pumping is also not a good indication of supply, especially since your supply is probably starting to settle a bit. To give you an idea, the 'normal' amount that a woman is able to pump (from both breasts combined, in one pumping session) is 0.5-2oz. So not a lot at all!

Is he having a normal amount of wet/dirty diapers? That's the easiest way to tell if he's getting enough milk. If he's going through diapers then he's getting something.

I agree with post above. Most likely a growth spurt. Have u just started to try and pump or have u previously been having more success? If nappies are wet and dirty then your baby is getting enough. They are just growing and increasing your supply. Keep going and let us know how it goes. Take care

It's quite common for a bfing mom to panic about their baby getting enough since we can't measure their intake, but luckily like PPs said, we can measure their output. Dirty diapers tell a lot, if something's going in then something will be coming out. By 6w, you probably won't notice your boobs getting engorged because your supply is established. And the 6w growth spurt is a pretty big one from what I remember with DD, so baby is most likely upping your milk again by feeding often. Hang in there, all sounds fine to me :hugs:

It can be perfectly normal to not feel full. Once they get your supply established its normal to not get that feeling.
As others have said its likely a growth spurt. You can though make sure you eat enough and drink plenty of water. Oatmeal is good and you could try making lactation cookies. Drink mothers milk tea. Gatorade is good as well. If you want to try and get your supply increased. I think its likely though that you don't need to do all that. Just watch the wet diapers for indication of supply.

My baby is 2w1d & I feel like I don't have enough milk. My breast don't feel full at all..

I was also worried, but she is gaining very well so I'm assuming everything's fine. But I've started to take Fenugreek because I want to freeze some milk so I can go out without baby sometimes. Also made some lactation cookies last night...ended up having to pump at 4:30 this morning because my left boob was so full that she only took one so I pumped the right one and got 3oz in 5 minutes, then switched to the left one and got another 1.5 oz. I only stopped because the bottle was full:haha: Also don't want to overstimulate the production either.

I rarely feel full, and can't express anything but not having any issues with supply. My baby is going through a growth spurt at 12 weeks now and feeding all the time...it's normal and we just have to nurse through it. I think we had one at 8 weeks then things got easier till this current one.

I also doubt my supply at every growth spurt and whenever my baby fusses. But everything turns out fine!

Keep your fluid intake up and make sure you're eating well. Have a friend or family member help keep food and entertainment nearby so you don't have to move from the couch or bed and keep nursing. Good luck!

Like the other posters have said if LO is gaining weight & having enough dirty/wet nappies all should be ok & it does sound like LO is having a growth spurt.

My LO wasn't gaining weight so we've had to introduce a little formula & any milk expressed that day is fed to LO. I know this is just for a short time until LO gains weight & I'm expressing often to keep my milk supply up.

Like the other posters have said if LO is gaining weight & having enough dirty/wet nappies all should be ok & it does sound like LO is having a growth spurt.

My LO wasn't gaining weight so we've had to introduce a little formula & any milk expressed that day is fed to LO. I know this is just for a short time until LO gains weight & I'm expressing often to keep my milk supply up.

My LO isn't either so we've been put on a 3 hourly feeding plan - bf, EBM then ff. I was so upset today when they weighed him. I feel like a complete failure and also quite mean because it feels like we're force feeding him now. I really hope he's gained by his next weigh in. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->