I don't understand why some people are so rude?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
Pointless thread really- as I cannot understand how someone else thinks/feels it's ok to be outright rude...it's their choice, not mine! lol.

But the other day- I was at the store with my LO in the cart. And I hear "hey, how are you!" and turn to see my neighbor with his wife and kids... and he is always very friendly to me and my hubby (always has been since we moved in 4yrs ago). And granted I'm not close to his wife, at all, I think she said a quick hi when we were introduced after we first moved in and they happen to be outside... but otherwise, she keeps to herself (no biggie).

But I turn and walk towards them and say "hey, how are you guys doing?!" and he smiles and says good- and the wife literally looks at me, blank face (almost looking annoyed), says nothing, then turns around and continues looking at clothes... So I say- "have a great day" and keep on my merry way!

Again- no point- and I get some people aren't that "social" but to snub someone to their face? are we in middle school?... I don't understand. She doesn't know me. It's not like there is any reason for it? :shrug:

Such is life I suppose... it's unfortunate too, cause her hubby seems very sweet and friendly- he even happens to work at the hospital where I had LO and ran into my hubby in the hall and came in to say hi. And I've run into him on walks before and stopped to chat and he's chatty with my hubby too (just so you know it's not just me lol)... but maybe we could be more social with them if she gave 2 cents...? :haha:

Sometimes I like to believe people like that are just shy or maybe socially awkward but unfortunately a lot of people are just rude :( I always just rise above it, always be polite to them so you know you're the better person!

Absolutely! IDK- I'd like to think she was shy, but even a shy person (which I used to be a long time ago) would of at least smiled at me! LOL. Oh well- her loss cause I kick ASS! :haha:

Absolutely! IDK- I'd like to think she was shy, but even a shy person (which I used to be a long time ago) would of at least smiled at me! LOL. Oh well- her loss cause I kick ASS! :haha:

I know someone like this, she goes to an out of school activity and says hi, and her husband is always cheery and smily and will talk to you but for the life of me I can never understand why they are together, but anyways she will look the other way when she sees me or OH outside of the activity if we say hiya and just point blank ignores us and is very rude. I just don't understand it there is no need for it but such is life I suppose sometimes.

I know someone like this, she goes to an out of school activity and says hi, and her husband is always cheery and smily and will talk to you but for the life of me I can never understand why they are together, but anyways she will look the other way when she sees me or OH outside of the activity if we say hiya and just point blank ignores us and is very rude. I just don't understand it there is no need for it but such is life I suppose sometimes.

Exactly! Even on the off chance she is outside when we drive up- she will turn away or ignore us... my hubby tried (early on) to wave at her, but she ignored him and pretended not to hear him. I totally even forgot she did that! lol. So at least I know it's not just me! :haha:

Oh well- people will be people...

Ugh I hate rude people. DD1 is in a nursery class with the son of one of my sisters old school friends. This girl was round our house constantly in her teens, had sleepovers, came for tea etc. I know she knows who I am but she completely blanks me, I say hi and smile at her and she just looks away. I really haven't changed that much since school and we have mutual friends, I cannot believe she doesn't recognise me.

My mum (practically a second mum to her for a couple of years!) picked up DD from nursery one day, approached her, said 'hello S, how are you?' And she said 'fine thanks', without looking at mum and walked away. No smile, no eye contact, no attempt at conversation.

She's not shy and there was no 'break up' with my sister. They grew apart but are in touch on fb and friendly enough. She's just plain rude.

Oh and totally her loss Seoj, you rock! :winkwink:

Is there anyway she just feels awkward and isn't trying to be rude? I only ask because in social situations I tend to say nothing. People often label me as rude but it's really because I just feel like I am going to say something stupid, or the wrong thing, or I think nobody cares so I just don't say anything. I am friendly back, I just don't say anything unless prompted. I am actually far from rude, I just feel so awkward! My husband is complete opposite, chatty and personable.

Now, if my neighbor said hi, I absolutely would never ignore them. I would say a quiet hi and go about what I was doing. They are always outside but I hardly ever say hi to them simply because I think they would think it's weird. Lol.

NOW, if you know she is just being a bitch then shame on her! No reason to not be friendly back.

^^I could tell (just by the way she looked at me then intentionally turned right around) that is was not her being "shy"-- I mean, I looked RIGHT at her and said "hey guys"- all she had to do was even smile or say hey. Something. I used to be very shy in social situations- so I was quiet, and absolutely, some people thought I was a bitch because of that (I'm not shy at all now lol)-- but even then, if I was introduced to someone or ran into someone I knew- even if I couldn't remember how- I ALWAYS smiled and said hey. It was more larger groups I kept more to myself- but if approached, I was friendly. IDK. Some people I suppose...

OH- reminds me there is a girl I work with. Not closely- and another guy I work right across from. And if I have a work questions- they talk to me, but if I see them in the halls- they both literally ignore me, even if I say "hi" or smile as I walk by... I think they are like that to everyone though. So my neighbor is similar I suppose :shrug:

I really dont like people like this...how hard is it to be friendly?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->