I dont understand

wanttobe4

Reaction score
Im losing all motivation :( I dont get it, I have been exercising every day almost every day burning 500-700kcal a time and also having a low xcalorie diet with no carbs. I had one bad day when I had a chinese but even tthen I only had 2000 calories. Since sunday (chinese) I somehow pu on 4 lbs and after a week of all this I am the same as when I started the week!

Beyond gutted how can I put on so much with one meal? Ill never be fit eniugh to have my baby :(

Are you drinking enough fluid?
If you are doing more exercise than normal, your muscles may be retaining fluid.

Also, are you weighing and calculating calories or using mfp or estimating?
Or TOTM
Also chinese food is very salty... could be xs fluid
X

It could be water retention. Make sure you're drinking enough water and don't have too much sodium.

Also make sure you're eating enough calories. I wasn't eating enough and my weight loss stopped. Once I ate more and regular snacks I lost more weight.

Hopefully you will lose weight soon. Don't be disheartened, sometimes we hit a plateau one week and then lose more the next week :hugs:

Agree with PP. Give it another few days... You could even be building muscle from exercising?. How many calories are you sticking to each day x

I am exercising and doing slimming world. My first week I lost 5.5lbs then ramped up the exercise and in 2 weeks I have lost 1lb! It is really disheartening but I can feel my fitness has improved. Can you do things now that you werent able to do before? Focus on that, if your body is getting fitter then sooner or later the weight will start moving again. You may well be building muscle instead. I know whenever I exercise my weight loss virtually stops, my mum said after she started regularly exercising her weight didnt really change but she noticed her body firming and toning up loads and she felt good for it.

I know its really hard, I have hit the brick wall with my motivation this week after my 0.5lb loss per week and eating really well (rather than the junk food I crave!), but I am trying to tell myself that if I am fitter, it doesnt matter so much about the weight as I know I am becoming healthier and the inches will start shifting as a result.

Also, if it is your period you may be struggling more to lose it, if you are wearing different clothes to when you last weighed yourself, if you weigh yourself at a different time of day - I can put on lbs in the daytime but it disappears overnight. I always weigh myself butt naked as soon as I get up, before I have anything to eat or drink so I get an accurate reading, as otherwise my weight fluctuates like mad during the daytime.

It sounds like you are working really really hard so try not to get yourself down as it will pay off. Measure your inches and see if it starts coming off there instead and make sure you drink loads of water and eat enough to burn or your body may think its starving and start storing the calories.

Hope you feel better about it soon xxxx

I would say you are definitely not eating enough. Take a read on myfitnesspal, search for the road map thread.

Are you drinking enough fluid?
If you are doing more exercise than normal, your muscles may be retaining fluid.

Also, are you weighing and calculating calories or using mfp or estimating?
Or TOTM
Also chinese food is very salty... could be xs fluid
X

I have maybe 4 pints a day? more than i used to but maybe not enough still? I do have a history with water retention so that could be it too. I hate myself for eating that chinese! thank you very much for your reply x

It could be water retention. Make sure you're drinking enough water and don't have too much sodium.

Also make sure you're eating enough calories. I wasn't eating enough and my weight loss stopped. Once I ate more and regular snacks I lost more weight.

Hopefully you will lose weight soon. Don't be disheartened, sometimes we hit a plateau one week and then lose more the next week :hugs:

Thankyou hun i appreciate your reply. I am eating between 400 and 100 cals a day, i have myfitness and it does keep telling me im not eating enough. but im scared to eat any more in case i put more weight on! :hugs:

Agree with PP. Give it another few days... You could even be building muscle from exercising?. How many calories are you sticking to each day x

Thankyou for your reply! My hubby said that but there is so much fat to burn through first i would be suprised lol. I am eating between 400 cals and 100 cals a day, on the chinese day i had 2000 x

I am exercising and doing slimming world. My first week I lost 5.5lbs then ramped up the exercise and in 2 weeks I have lost 1lb! It is really disheartening but I can feel my fitness has improved. Can you do things now that you werent able to do before? Focus on that, if your body is getting fitter then sooner or later the weight will start moving again. You may well be building muscle instead. I know whenever I exercise my weight loss virtually stops, my mum said after she started regularly exercising her weight didnt really change but she noticed her body firming and toning up loads and she felt good for it.

I know its really hard, I have hit the brick wall with my motivation this week after my 0.5lb loss per week and eating really well (rather than the junk food I crave!), but I am trying to tell myself that if I am fitter, it doesnt matter so much about the weight as I know I am becoming healthier and the inches will start shifting as a result.

Also, if it is your period you may be struggling more to lose it, if you are wearing different clothes to when you last weighed yourself, if you weigh yourself at a different time of day - I can put on lbs in the daytime but it disappears overnight. I always weigh myself butt naked as soon as I get up, before I have anything to eat or drink so I get an accurate reading, as otherwise my weight fluctuates like mad during the daytime.

It sounds like you are working really really hard so try not to get yourself down as it will pay off. Measure your inches and see if it starts coming off there instead and make sure you drink loads of water and eat enough to burn or your body may think its starving and start storing the calories.

Hope you feel better about it soon xxxx

Thank you so much, got little teary reading your advice its nice to know other people struggle as i do, although im not happy to hear you got disheartened.. its a very horrible emotion to go through :/ i hope youre not so disheartened at next weigh in.. sounds like youre really focused!

Thats a good point about fitness, to be honest yes i think i am more fit, i managed 20 minutes of jogging without dying today! I also find the last two days i have done 1 hour 20/30 instead of the 1/2 hour i first started.

I would say you are definitely not eating enough. Take a read on myfitnesspal, search for the road map thread.

Thank you, i do have myfitness pal but not really sure how to use it yet. I have worked out how to add what i am eating and the excercise and it does tell me im not having enough calories. x

I haven't read all of the replies love, but if you are exercising then its best to 'measure' instead of 'weigh'

Muscle is smaller than fat but weighs more!

So you very well could still be shrinking, and toning!

Also take into account our cycles. Its hard because when I ovulate, and when i have my period I weight more during that time due to the fluid retention. Its really frustrating.

You aren't eating near enough food. Your body needs food for energy and needs more food when you are exercising.

You are eating a dangerously low amount of calories. You won't lose weight in a wealthy way like that. Read the thread I recommend and it explains how to find out what cals you should eat. It will be more like 1500 to 1700 ish.

Thank you all, I now realise eating so little isnt good, ive had 800 cls so far today and plan on finishing the day at 15-1600 I appreciate the honesty, I was going mad not understanding why but with so few cals no wonder my body is clinging on for dear life! Got a tape measure aswell x

You're eating nowhere enough. Your body is in starvation mode because it thinks there is no food supply, so it is hanging onto your weight. It's an instinctual thing the body does from caveman days when food wasn't always in plentiful supply. The human body is very clever :thumbup:. I would start eating more and I'm sure the weight will soon start dropping off, especially with all the exercise you're doing. :)

Ah thats brilliant you are now eating more! Your body must have been in mega starvation mode, I am very surprised you had the energy to get up let alone do all that exercise!! You must have felt really miserable too xx

I am sure now that you will start to see a difference on the scales and you will feel so much better as you will have the fuel you need for exercise rather than running on empty! I was pleased this morning after my little grumble the other day, I have really pushed myself on the treadmill (though I cant jog anywhere near as long as you can!) and 2lbs had come off this morning :)

Another way to eat healthily without becoming obsessed with calorie counting is slimming world. You can use loads of 'free' foods that you can eat in whatever quantities you want without having to analyse anything. There are thousands of really healthy meals you can make and feel guilt free about eating. It wouldnt suit everyone, lots of people like to weigh, measure and count points or calories but I dont get on with that. Just an alternative to think about if you are a bit iffy with using MFP.

Are you doing a specific running plan or training yourself? I am doing the c25k and struggling a bit with it but will stick with it. I am just interested in learning about what others are doing that is working for them :)

Sorry, just seen your earlier comment. Well done on eating more! You will feel lots better for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->