I don't want it to end like this...

Marie000

Reaction score
... but I don't know if I want to continue.

Lo is almost 15 months old. Lately she has become really clingy and whiny, especially with me. As soon as she sees me, she starts whining, wants to climb on me and tries to pull my shirt off.

She is much better with daddy or with other people. Of course she wants a lot of attention, but OH is able to sit in the living room with her while she plays and that's enough. But not with me.

I am starting to hate that. I like having my own private space, and I am starting to dislike breastfeeding. Well, not so much the feeding as lo's obsession with putting her hand in my shirt, pulling my shirt off, etc. When I rock her to sleep, she insists on putting her hand down my shirt, between my breast. I tolerate it because she wont settle down without it.
I don't tolerate her putting her hand between my breast and my armpit though. For some reason that irks me so much!

I don't know what to do anymore. She obviously loves her breastmilk. And I know she is going through a difficult phase and she needs the comfort. But I don't know if I can continue. Still, I don't want this to end on a bad note.

I finished on a similar note just shy of 13 months after a culmination of factors including an unplanned return to work on odd shifts and being fed up of being accosted for milk 24/7.
Since I made that decision to wean I have regretted it. I feel it's so much more difficult to comfort him, etc and wish I'd kept 1-2 feeds and for when poorly.
Perhaps you could use distraction techniques and offer other food and drink as a replacement and only offer as a last resort. Keep busy or something.
Maybe only feed in her room at certain times?
Obviously whatever you do needs to be a bit gradual. I stopped abruptly and although he wasn't feeding lots I was horribly engorged etc for over a week.
Xx

Oh and a year on ds still very cuddly and last week when he was ill spent the whole time face into my cleavage or hand in my bra. ...
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->