I failed but my scales have given me the motivation!!

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
I tried to diet straight away but with my son starting school I bought him things for his lunch box such as crisps and biscuits and processed meats for his sandwiches. Well I have ended up constantly snacking on them. I hadn't put that much weight on during pregnancy so only had a couple of pounds to lose to be pre-pregnancy weight but wanted to lose more anyway because I didn't like the weight I was pre-pregnancy. Before this pregnancy it would take a while to put on weight I used to just kind of stick at the same weight no matter what I ate whether dieting or pigging out nothing really changed it would just be a pound or two either way. Well I've put on 7lbs in 2 weeks!!!!!!

Definitely not letting the snacks defeat me this time. Cutting out crisps and chocolate straight away. Bought Fitness Evolved for Kinect, plan on going for a long walk with the Lily tomorrow and I will be eating healthier from now on!!!!!

There is no such thing as failing. Call the last few weeks as an experiment, you were finding out what you can't do to lose weight. Lol. If you look at it as a lifestyle change rather than a diet you will be more likely to succeed.

Good luck.

Thank you I am trying to change the way we all eat. I was so used to just throwing processed stuff in the oven whilst I was pregnant as I just couldn't stand up in front of the cooker for very long and it just seemed to carry on. But I am making a conscious effort for us all to eat healthier meals and to cook from scratch more. I also walk more than I used to as I have to walk to and from shopping and taking my son to school and picking him up. I used to use public transport a lot but now I tend to walk. Also whilst pushing the pram so I'm hoping it will all help xx

I have been exercising and eating healthier and have lost a couple of pounds already so i'm definitely gonna stick at it xx

Many people find that when they start to see difference, whether it's the scale or clothes fitting loosely, they find much more motivation and are more likely to stick with it.

Have you thought about joining a support group? Many women here use My Fitness Pal (it has a web page and phone app), myself included.

Other women use Weight Watchers and Slimming World.

Quite often, people fail to keep up with the changes because they have no support.

I am thinking about joining slimming world as there is one right nearby. xx

I know many people who have had great success with SW and WW and decided to bite the bullet and join. The nearest WW meeting is in Scotland so looks like I will be joining the SW meeting at the end of the street. Lol.

In 11 weeks my cousin lost 23lb in Teesside and a friend went from a size 24 to a 12 in Hartlepool.

I'm joining tomorrow, if you like I can 'report' back what it's like etc.

I know many people who have had great success with SW and WW and decided to bite the bullet and join. The nearest WW meeting is in Scotland so looks like I will be joining the SW meeting at the end of the street. Lol.

In 11 weeks my cousin lost 23lb in Teesside and a friend went from a size 24 to a 12 in Hartlepool.

That'd be great hun. There's a SW at the end of my street too lol xx

-
I know many people who have had -great success with SW and WW and decided to bite the bullet and join. The nearest WW meeting is in Scotland so looks like I will be joining the SW meeting at the end of the street. Lol.

Hey! As promised I am reporting back. :-D

When I got to the meeting (went with MIL), the consultant (who is still losing weight and still goes to her meetings) gave us a small box with different books in and an admin form to fill with things like name, address etc. She then spent time going through the books and talking about which foods are free, which are healthy extras and syns. After she was happy that we knew what we were doing, we joined the rest of the group and she went through everyone's weight losses (but didn't disclose actual weight) and asked the individuals to share reasons for their success and asked those who weren't happy with their progress if there were any reasons why and what they are going to do differently. She asked everyone what their goal was for the next weigh in and then awarded the slimmer of the week certificates and prizes. She gave us her contact number, told us we could contact her at any point an1d that she will call/text over the weekend to see how we are getting along.

The website has some great menu plans as well,including budget and family and lists the shopping list required and the cost from Tesco. There is also an app for Android phones. Not sure about iPhone but I know Blackberry don't have one.

Some of the recipes include lasagna, ocean pie, casseroles, currys and LOADS more.

-
I know many people who have had -great success with SW and WW and decided to bite the bullet and join. The nearest WW meeting is in Scotland so looks like I will be joining the SW meeting at the end of the street. Lol.

When I got to the meeting (went with MIL), the consultant (who is still losing weight and still goes to her meetings) gave us a small box with different books in and an admin form to fill with things like name, address etc. She then spent time going through the books and talking about which foods are free, which are healthy extras and syns. After she was happy that we knew what we were doing, we joined the rest of the group and she went through everyone's weight losses (but didn't disclose actual weight) and asked the individuals to share reasons for their success and asked those who weren't happy with their progress if there were any reasons why and what they are going to do differently. She asked everyone what their goal was for the next weigh in and then awarded the slimmer of the week certificates and prizes. She gave us her contact number, told us we could contact her at any point an1d that she will call/text over the weekend to see how we are getting along.

The website has some great menu plans as well,including budget and family and lists the shopping list required and the cost from Tesco. There is also an app for Android phones. Not sure about iPhone but I know Blackberry don't have one.

Some of the recipes include lasagna, ocean pie, casseroles, currys and LOADS more.

That sounds great. Will try to find somebody to join with me becasuse I'm quite shy and don't like talking around nevermind to people I don't know so I think i'll be more likely to stick with it if someone comes with me. Thanks for the report hun xx

-

That sounds great. Will try to find somebody to join with me becasuse I'm quite shy and don't like talking around nevermind to people I don't know so I think i'll be more likely to stick with it if someone comes with me. Thanks for the report hun xx

You're welcome. That's why I took my MIL with me. The banner was outside the railings where the meeting was with the consultants number on, I called her on it and said that I was unsure where the meeting was being held. She came outside to meet us and waled in with us. We weren't expected to participate in the first meeting either. Maybe that is something you can do? At the end of the day, the consultants are there to help us and if you are nervous, they should help you with the first steps. They are always the hardest. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->