I feel abit stupid asking this..

S

Serene123

But if anyone has a free minute could you maybe write me a list of essentials for a newborns room? :blush:

Moses basket/crib
Cot -if you want one in there
Bath and stand - again if you want one
Furniture

Thats pretty much what we have, plus the usual bouncer, play gym and nest etc

All we've really planned on is the crib for the room, will probably use baskets to put the clothes/towels/etc in (we are a little tight on space) so won't be putting much furniture in the room.

mite not be what ur actually after but i would definately have some lil baskets or changer to put nappies and stuff in for night time changes and a room thermometre *spelling!* and i would also invest in a blackout blind! (mine slept better in dark!) some god storage that can be used from birth and on to toddler age is always good as you accumulate so much! maybe a over door hanger to put clothes and bits on if you don want the bulk of wardrobe-jus some ideas! good luck- happy baby room doing!! :)

We know what we want furniture wise, it's just the little things that make life abit easier.

So far we have the pram, the moses basket (and a stand), our bathing unit, LOADS of unisex clothes and some blankets. We plan to get the cot, wardrobe, changing unit and storage boxes on one of the upcoming weekends. I'm hoping this one as I'm getting so excited now but it depends on when my OH is free. It'll get done this month hopefully! Can't wait now.

Apart from that stuff I'm guessing it's just toys and cleaning stuff etc? And maybe bottles and all that if I can't breast feed.

Oooo I'm so excited! :D

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Content/Product/products7/712337_l_b.jpg

^ That's the cot, wardrobe and changing unit! :D

aahh thats really lovely Toria, i hope you enjoy doin it, u sound so excited bless u !! I really think its fantastic getting everything sorted for babe to come- i loved every minute of it!! enjoy. :)

The furniture is lovely, where is it from?
I can't wait to start buying stuff, once OH get's his finger out of his ar**e and gets on with making the box room bigger for a nursery then maybe I can start.
I love white furntiure too. xx

It's from babies'r'us. I fell in love with it. OH wasn't too keen when I said it had hearts on it, but I think the fact it's in the theme of a boys room helped him to realise hearts and be for boys too!

Ah I love that furniture set!! The only one I found practical though was the sets in argos. I got one from there, cause I think they offer soo much space and with having lotsa clothes for baby we thought it would be better.

Personally though, I fell in love with that set too. Would have got it, if it had more drawers I think :( Oh and remember baby moniters. Just realised they werent on yer list x

Hey hun!!! I know of a great site that helps with all kinds of things, like making a birth plan, how to do the basics with baby.... and even a list of things you need in the first 6 weeks and the first year! Below is the link to the page that tells you what you need in the first 6 weeks- you can find all the other stuff in there pretty easy too! Hope that helps!

https://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-mom-gear-the-first-six-weeks_5669.bc

Wish I could start thinking about the nursery stuff.....I don't even know where I'm going to be living at the moment so can't get anything. I know it's early days for myself but I thought that if I could do all that stuff might make me feel a bit more pregnant and into the whole maternal thing.

xx

Wish I could start thinking about the nursery stuff.....I don't even know where I'm going to be living at the moment so can't get anything. I know it's early days for myself but I thought that if I could do all that stuff might make me feel a bit more pregnant and into the whole maternal thing.

xx

I have the same problem - I have no idea whether we are going to have moved before baby arrives. We have a lovely flat with a second bedroom which is ideal for a nursery but don't want to stay in this area. It's a waste of time to decorate the room if we then move soon.

Theres a list on the babies r us website of everything, I printed it off the other day coz Im completely lost too!

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/framestatic.aspx/mum_checklist.html?zone=bru

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"