i feel bad for my high needs baby...

veganmama

Reaction score
he's always complaining/whining/fussing about every single thing and sometimes about nothing at all.

hes so unhappy i feel bad. what am i doing wrong? hes barley ever happy and it takes A LOT to make him smile =[

i just wished he was more happy </3

Any possibility if any allergies/intolerances? My baby is like that although a bit younger and was diagnosed with a few intolerances and has been much happier since I cut those out.

I wouldn't feel bad! Each baby is different. Some babies are just fussy, hard work and some are a dream.

I always use he example of me and my twin. My mum says I was the dream baby, slept, fed, content but my twin didn't sleep properly until 5 years old!!!!! Was fussy and just generally hard work!!

We were both brought up the same and everything so just goes to show that it's nothing you're doing wrong!!! My mum did the exact same with both of us :) xxx

Is it possible he is overtired? If he was younger, that would be my guess, but I don't have any experience with older babies. Is he getting the recommended amount of sleep? Does he tend to be happier at certain times of the day?

My LO was like this, for her first 7 months at least. she's just now becoming more smiley although still won't sleep/eat/play on her own yet.

I have to admit the whining gets under my skin at times, usually just because I'm so tired.

She likes to go in the ERgo and go for a walk, gives my arms a break but she's so big now I just can't hold her 24/7

You might not be doing anything wrong.

After 18 months, it was like mine morphed into a completely different person. He is always so happy now. It WILL happen. When, I don't know. But it doesn't mean you've done wrong, maybe you deserve a trophy for putting up with it this long! LOL! I know I do!

I'm sure it's not your fault and I'm in the same boat. I love my lo to pieces and he is the way he is but I watch other people with their seemingly so content babies and wonder what I'm doing so wrong. My lo teethes really badly do that's not helping, he's very active so gets overtired really quickly and is extremely vocal lol! He's 9 months old and I really hope things improve as he gets older I don't want him to be unhappy. He sleeps for long periods so it's not sleep with him that's the problem I'm sure most of the time it's his teeth :0(

Oh Hun it isn't your fault. Mine is a pretty smiley baby...when she is calm. She is rarely calm and soooo high needs and getting worse by the day it seems! She fusses so much...she even gets upset if she isn't held exactly the right way...she cries for sleep but then fusses when we try to put her to sleep. She cries for food and then fusses if she isn't in the absolutely perfect position...she fusses for toys but then howls with tears if she is put on her play mat and so on.

She isn't being raised too much different from my son and my son was always calm, cool, and collected. It is just personality...no two people are exactly the same and I've seen that rings true for babies too!

Does he get a decent amount of sleep? He might not be napping long enough to get REM sleep. Two of my kids always cried between sleep cycles for a couple of minutes and I had to let them settle themselves and they would continue sleeping a solid sleep. If anyone picked them up they were cranky because they weren't done sleeping

Does he get a decent amount of sleep? He might not be napping long enough to get REM sleep. Two of my kids always cried between sleep cycles for a couple of minutes and I had to let them settle themselves and they would continue sleeping a solid sleep. If anyone picked them up they were cranky because they weren't done sleeping

lmao if i left my son to self settle he would be screaming as if i was stabbing him. he sleeps, just very broken sleep (cries for boob every 30min-1hour)

i know it's unpopular but have you considered night weaning?

You most likely aren't doing anything wrong. Have you spoken with his pediatrician? I'm wondering if there's a chance he had a sensory processing disorder and it's causing him to be extra sensitive.

My LO was very high needs until recently. It's exhausting, mentally and physically. Especially if you're nursing because you can't catch a break. Hang I'm there mama, he's lucky to have you!

Yikes, waking every 30 mins to an hour is awful! Perhaps its the broken sleep thats keeping him in a fusspot mood. I know my daughter was much harder work when she went through her needing-boob- every-hour-through-the-night-to-go-back-to-sleep phase (it lasted about 5 months). She disliked all of her toys, cried if I wasnt holding her or sitting close by and needed to be entertained all day. She's spend most of the day clawing at her face and yanking at her hair too (I didnt realise this was because the poor child was exhausted!). Eventually, we sleep trained her when she was 9 months old. Half an hour of crying, and she's slept through the night ever since. The days have been soooooo much easier ever since because she is well rested. She plays with her toys on her own, smiles and laughs a lot more, is content if i leave her alone for a few minutes at a time and she is also a lot more physically active.

Yikes, waking every 30 mins to an hour is awful! Perhaps its the broken sleep thats keeping him in a fusspot mood.

I agree... I think this is very likely :( Are you able to get him to sleep without boob ever?

It's cause he's over tired. At his age, he should be sleeping hours at a time. I didn't understand why my son cried all day and night, and the simple more sleep made him instantly into worlds best baby. They really need a lot of unbroken sleep. Put him in bed before he shows signs of being tired (eye rubbing, yawning, crying) I'd suggest a good tummy filler. I like to give oatmeal and yogurt as a desert and he sleeps all night (I did have to stop cause it rashes his butt out like it did me and my sister as babies. (my butt no longer rashes from eating it :rofl:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->