I feel like I failed!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by Milliemoo x, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Milliemoo x

Milliemoo x Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

We just started trying, only a month ago, which I know isn't long at all. I realise not many people get pregnant the first month, however, I cant help feelin like I failed. Ive been waiting to start trying for the last 3 years but our situation just hasn't been right. Now things are perfect I think I just expected it to happen straight away.

I know I'm being ridiculous!!!!!!

How long on average does it take???

X x x

2. Ramie

Ramie Well-Known Member

Hi, I thought the same as you, that I would come off the pill and get pregnant straight away! I'm on month 7 now but not giving up hope. Some people just take longer than others. :dust: xx

3. lovie

lovie Mamma to a baby boy

Hi milliemoo, I felt exactly the same the 1st month we tried, it was really hard because i hadnt really done any research and I did just expect a BFP right away. we are on our 6th cycle trying now and id say that cycle 1 and cycle 5 were the most hard I really expected both times to get a BFP. now im just trying to be calm about TTC and see what happens. Best of luck to you, I read a statistic that:

• Around 30% will conceive within 1 month.
    • Around 60% will conceive within 6 months.
    • Around 85% will conceive within 1 year.

and 95% will conceive eventually with help

I'm Xing my fingers that next month will be your month hun, have fun trying! :hugs:

4. Elhaym

Elhaym It's a girl :)

Don't worry, it's perfectly normal to take a few months. You only have a 20-30% chance of conceiving each cycle. It's disappointing though I know! Good luck and I hope you're not waiting too long for your BFP. :thumbup:

5. lintu

lintu TTC a playmate for DD

Hiya huni, it took me 10 mths and the midwife actually commented that it was quick :hugs:

I know how you feel though every month I would beat myself up about it, felt like such a failure but it does happen huni it all just takes patience (i know i hated people telling me that too xx)

6. Milliemoo x

Milliemoo x Well-Known Member

Oh thanks everybody! Sometimes it's just nice to hear other people have felt the same :) but things have worked out for them in the end.

Right, chin up!

Thanks heaps for all your support. Good luck!!!!!!!

X x x

7. lilyloo

lilyloo Member

Hiya

I felt very much like the first cycle, I'm now on my 5th cycle and I feel exactly the same again, I really didnt think it would take 6 months plus at all!!!

xxx

8. IrishGirl

IrishGirl Katies Mam&Expecting

Hey there chin up hun:)We fell pregnant on our 1st while i was on bcps lol.Now were TTC#2for 5 Years now typicall ha ha so that would make this our 60th month/cycle.Ye just have to keep trucking along:)

9. lucy_lu10

lucy_lu10 Mum to 2 boys

Hey I know how you feel, it can be frustrating! DH and I conceived our son immediately after stopping the pill and now that we're ready for #2, I just figured it would happen on the first cycle, I mean why not right?! Well we weren't successful on our first cycle and now I'm on my second cycle, due to ovulate in a few days. You'd think if everything works and you do everything right that it'll just happen but for whatever reason, it doesn't always go that way. I'm with you though, chin up, relax and things will happen when they're ready!! :D

10. AmorBebe

AmorBebe Well-Known Member

Ugh! I know the frustration. I discontinued BCPs last April and assumed I'd be pregnant by May! Not so much...still trying. Try not to stress about it (MUCH easier said than done, I know) and your time will come soon! Good luck to you!!

11. knitbit

knitbit Well-Known Member

Yep, keep the chin up. :)

I think last month is his fault, LOL. I had to remind my husband to stop taking his hot baths and then he got a tummy bug at the peak time. Ah well.