I feel like I'm going crazy

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
I'm sorry for posting again, I wish I had friends to rant to.

I posted before about my daughter not being cared for correctly so moved who are great but with the amount of appointments it took, plus the amount my son has needed I feel so awkward going back. Thing is....I just feel like something is underlying with her. I just have this feeling and it's getting to me. But I don't know how to explain it to a doctor without looking a fool. This is what's going on with her:

Constant tiredness - is in bed for 12-13 hours at night but some nights cries in her sleep with pain in her right leg (this is a main concern as if it was both I'd say growing pains)
Little appetite - does have a balanced diet but is getting less and less. Would explain the lack of energy and the restless sleep at times too.
Headaches - suffers on and off with them. Have been to gp about them before. Since I suffer migraines and her dad suffers clusters Headaches the gp said it was likely she if having the same so to watch out for triggers. We found out chocolate is one so she doesn't have it anymore.
Random vomiting- granted isn't all the time but is every few weeks she just vomits out of the blue. Will do it maybe once a day for 2 days maybe then it stops. No feeling sick or poorly and just goes back to whatever she was doing.

I sound mad I know, I just have this stupid nurse brain that makes me look at things differently. As a nurse I see signs and symptoms and a mummy I see my child crying at night from a baddy leg time and time again. Put them together and disaster!

What would you do?

I'm sorry for posting again, I wish I had friends to rant to.

I posted before about my daughter not being cared for correctly so moved who are great but with the amount of appointments it took, plus the amount my son has needed I feel so awkward going back. Thing is....I just feel like something is underlying with her. I just have this feeling and it's getting to me. But I don't know how to explain it to a doctor without looking a fool. This is what's going on with her:

Constant tiredness - is in bed for 12-13 hours at night but some nights cries in her sleep with pain in her right leg (this is a main concern as if it was both I'd say growing pains)
Little appetite - does have a balanced diet but is getting less and less. Would explain the lack of energy and the restless sleep at times too.
Headaches - suffers on and off with them. Have been to gp about them before. Since I suffer migraines and her dad suffers clusters Headaches the gp said it was likely she if having the same so to watch out for triggers. We found out chocolate is one so she doesn't have it anymore.
Random vomiting- granted isn't all the time but is every few weeks she just vomits out of the blue. Will do it maybe once a day for 2 days maybe then it stops. No feeling sick or poorly and just goes back to whatever she was doing.

I sound mad I know, I just have this stupid nurse brain that makes me look at things differently. As a nurse I see signs and symptoms and a mummy I see my child crying at night from a baddy leg time and time again. Put them together and disaster!

What would you do?
I'm not a doctor so I can't diagnose but I'm a big believer that parents are advocates for their kids. I know it is or can be intimidating to speak with a doctor but any doctor worth their degree will listen to a parents complaints while diagnosing. If not I would choose another doctor or go to an emergency room and tell them your kid has low energy and no appetite if you have to tell them you think she might have a lowered immuno responses or whatever in medical lingo and tell them you won't leave until they at least do a blood panel... Good luck

I know I’m really bad at taking my children to the doctor as when ds1 was young my go dismissed nearly all of my concerns and made me feel awful but if you feel that worried I think I would make an appointment and go. My son does the crying in the night with leg pains so I know that can be ‘normal’ but also not nice if you’re their parent

I would want bloods doing, did they do that last time? Im a big believer in instincts and if you feel somethings not right back. They might be the medical experts, but nobody knows your daughter better than you do. It coukd be something as simple as a vitamin deficiency or something but they need to be investigating. Please stand your ground and go back, can you take someone alot with you if you are concerned theyll be dismissive?

I would definitely go back. I wouldn’t worry how many times you need to go . You want reassurance and answers . She’s your child and your looking after her wellbeing .

Totally agree with Lora ! I would wants bloods doing if already been done then repeated.

DD1 does say her legs are hurting behind her knee but it’s both so like you assume it’s growing pains.

It’s a shame that we have to stand our ground with some medical professionals before we get taken seriously !

Could she be allergic to anything that might be making her unwell ?

Let us know how she is getting on xx

Deffo go back and don't worry about how you sound. I went through this with my daughter for almost a year. She was constantly tired, constant cold symptoms, no appetite, losing weight, stomach pains etc. GP's constantly fobbed me off with 'Its just a virus, its normal in kids at nursery they catch colds one after another etc' Until after being called to nursery to pick her up for about the 4th time in 2 weeks because of her feeling unwell and tired, I phoned for appt and demanded to be seen that evening, I was raging, I got to see a different GP, stormed into the poor man's room and said 'DO NOT TELL ME THIS IS A VIRUS' She has been like this for 10 months and i am telling you there is something wrong! He was the nicest doctor, listened to the whole story, agreed it wasn't right and arranged blood tests, then referred us to a pediatrician. When she was seen, the ped told me she couldn't breathe out of any nostril, both were obstructed and sent her to surgeon at childrens hospital. He was amazing, said the opposite of the GP's, said she can't catch constant colds, they done loads of tests and they found her adenoids were hugely enlarged, she had a nasal drip and her nose was inflamed from allergies. He said it causes restless sleep and slight sleep apnea which would be making her tired (she did snore like an old man lol) eating would be an effort because she couldn't chew and breathe at same time, along with nasal drip and swollen glands in abdomen giving her the tummy pains, it was such a relief to have someone agree with me and also find the reason why, to prove i wasn't mad! He said 'Doctors should always listen to the parents, they know the child and they have a intuition' Sorry for long story lol I just know how it feels to feel like you are going mad and no one will listen!

Yeah, as others have said, I wonder if it would make sense to get some blood work done.

I would definitely go bsck and request some blood tests done. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->