I feel like the worst natural parent tonight!

gina8177

Married with 1 baby boy
Reaction score
So I really believe in AP so I try not to use the car seat unless he's in the car, the stroller much, etc. Well Kaiden has only had one 2 hour nap today since 9am and it's now 7:30pm. He's absolutely exhausted but just can't sleep. Normally I can get him to sleep in my arms or with me in the bed, but no luck tonight. Even tried using DH which usually works as a great back up.

So... my friend gave me a swing (I never planned on getting one as I'm not a fan but she gave m e a bunch of stuff and I didn't want to be rude).

Well, Kaiden is now fast asleep in the swing. I do not feel like a very good AP mom right now... but he really needed some sleep. :cry: I also feel so sad when he's not sleeping snuggled with me.

Awww don't feel bad!!!!! It's ok for him not to be attached 24/7. I consider myself to be fully AP but there were times Hayden napped in bed without me, in his bouncer or swing, I got things done and he slept well, no big deal :)

Aww, hon, don't feel bad. Sometimes you have to do something different to get them to sleep, especially when they are overtired. :hugs:

oh hun, don't feel bad, NP & AP is so much about being baby-led and doing what makes your baby happy. If tonight he needed that swing and went to sleep easily and happily in that then you've done the best baby led parenting you can. I'm sure tomorrow he'll be back to wanting snuggles with mummy.

I agree - you can attachment or natural parent as much as you like, but sometimes that is parent led rather than baby led and I think a lot of people forget that and actually make things harder for themselves! I'd go with baby led all the time. Some babies are happier in prams than slings, some like to nap in a bouncer rather than your arms, some go to sleep better in a cot than your bed. I'd hate to 'natural parent' at the expense of what LO actually preferred!

Thanks everyone! I definitely wouldn't want to fight what Kaiden wants! :). I have to remember that he may lead me in a different direction than I might expect. :).

aw!! :hugs:
ap doesnt mean literally physically attached 24/7 :) baby-led sometimes means doing what you can to help :hugs:
K used to sleep in his swing a lot when he was tiny, it was often the only way to get him to calm down and relax. so much so that its still here and i cant quite bring myself to get rid of it!

I have a swing seat, a swing rocker seat and a vibrating seat and I don't feel an oz of guilt, he isn't in them all the time but he goes in them if i can't get him to sleep or I need to get on with the household chores, otherwise i wouldn't get anything done

Don't feel bad!
Like the other girls have said attachment parenting doesn't been you have to be attached 24/7 and if Kaiden needed some sleep then you definitely did the right thing :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->