I feel so peed off and think I'm probably being stupid?!,

EmziixBo0o

Reaction score
It's my birthday Friday, OH is going out with his friends Thursday night, he's working on Friday and I've booked the day off, nothing planned I just don't want to go to work!

We're going for a meal on the night but I'm just so annoyed that he's going out Thursday night and will probably stay at his moms as she lives close to his work and we don't.

He said he isn't drinking and is driving but we All know men never do as they say.
I just feel he's being selfish. I didn't do this when it was his birthday a few weeks ago, and im sure if i did he wouldnt be happy! I just don't want to feel all crap Thursday night and Friday morning. Grrrrr. Rant over.

:hugs: I'd be upset too, wouldn't want to wake up alone or be dealing with LO by myself all night/morning of my birthday. Tell him how you feel!

Me too only purely as if he drank loads he'd be hungover all day as well. Plus it would be nice to see him on your birthday morning I'm sure x

Does he know how you feel? Maybe he thinks he's taking you out for your birthday and all is fine. He might not realise it matters to you that he's there in the morning (I think it would be unfair to stop him going out if he drives and will be with you hangover free next morning).

If he does know how you feel then you've got a right to be upset - is there something particularly special about the night out on the Thursday that's hard for him to get out of, or does he just fancy a session?

If he is just being inconsiderate when he knows how you feel then tell him it's not right. Don't put up with crap because "men never do as they say" - if that's how he makes you feel you need to address it because that's not a "men" thing, it's your man.

Good luck and hope you have a nice birthday. Hopefully he's just being a bit thoughtless and will stay home with you if you ask him to.

I would be pretty peed off. Your birthday is your day. Surely your OH can go out any other time.

You should talk to him if you haven't already done and hopefully you'll be able to work something out :hugs:

Can he not go out over the weekend instead? Why does it have to be that thursday?

Thanks for the replys girls, I'd be fine if I knew he was defiantly not drinking and he was defiantly coming home. Thursdays student night so it's cheap where they like to go out. Think I'll have to say something later I don't mind him going out, just it so happens he wants to on my birthday! If he does drink and stays at his moms I won't be going anywhere with him Friday night!! Xx

Oh and no its nothing special. Just a usual night out x

Seems a little selfish.. Just explain to him that you'd like to wake up with him.. Maybe even have breakfast made for you and a nice child-free bubble bath to start the day and that you cant do that if he isnt there. If he absolutely doesnt drink and comes home, then you dont care, but youre worried that once he gets there he'll get too caught up and end up hungover and grouchy on your birthday. I hope you have a lovely day chick. :) xxxx

I don't think he should go out but if he does then he should defo be coming home to u afterwards. He could leave early and drive home especially as he is not drinking.
Why would he want to go on a student night anyway?
I hope u have a lovely birthday x

I wouldn't be pleased either. He can go without a night out!

I'd be annoyed too.. it's your birthday one day of the year, and if it's nothing special he's going out for why can't he choose a different night? He must know you'll want to spend time with him around your birthday

Noidea why Thursday. Don't see why it makes a difference Thursday or not because if he isn't drinking he isn't spending?!
Suppose ill have to see what happens, he should defiantly come home because he knows I won't speak to him for ages if not! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->