I feel worried in general recently

chocolate

Reaction score
Hi, I have a toddler and my almost 10 week old and I just cant seem to shift this feeling of worry. To begin with I was worried about my newborn catching a cold etc. which I think is a normal worry, and would just double check that people wernt ill before coming over. But then this turned into a real worry about my kids getting swine flu or normal flu as a lot of people on facebook kept saying they had flu etc. so I tried to avoid going to the usual toddler groups etc. and made sure we washed hands well etc. I enquired about the swine flu jab but I cant even pay anywhere for the kids to be done as know one will do the Under 5's unless at risk. I think if they had the jab done Id be back to the toddler groups etc. as normal.
Then there was the floods etc. I read a story about a mother's toddler being ripped from her arms in the floods and I just cant get it out of my mind and just feel so sad every time I think about it. It then makes me think how anything could happen to my kids, or me, and then they would be left without a Mum.
Then I read about the birds dying and someone said maybe the flood, fish and birds dying and swine flu is all linked to the world coming to an end ........... It just seems that the last week and a half all Ive done is worry and think negative thoughts, I need to shake it off and hear some wise words or tips on how to stop thinking like this.

I dont know if it is just because every time I see the news or read a paper its all quite major horrible stories that you dont usually hear all in one week, or if its linked to recently having a baby.

Dont get me wrong, I still enjoy most of the day and dont think about these things every minute, but it crops up a few times a day and just makes have this deflated, anxious feeling :nope:

just found a good term for what I think I experience 'intrusive thoughts' kinda makes sense now and is nice to know its quite common.

phew - feel much better now I read about the intrusive thoughts, thought I was going a bit depressed for a moment, but back to my normal self :thumbup:

:hugs:

I can totally empathise with this, I had it bad when my kids were those ages. It's good to know it's not uncommon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->