i finally figured it out

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by louise1302, Apr 12, 2009.

1. louise1302

louise1302 mum to FIVE boys :)

hes teething!!!! at 8 bloody weeks

aside from all archies feeding probs(we suspect reflux and are going to the gp on tues) hes been really bloody grouchy over the last few days screaming much more than usual and barely feeding

today my sil came round and was letting Archie chew(her very clean) finger and she suddenly said im sure its his teeth i looked in his mouth and sure enough there are hard lumps all over his gums and you can actually see the teeth in there ready to pop through

i gave him some baby bongela and a dose of calpol(checked with nhs direct if this was safe first) and then offered him a bottle...he took 6oz with much much less fight than he has been...i feel so much better now i know what it is

did anyone elses lo teeth so young??

2. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

wow very young! Hannah's teeth didn't break through until 7 months or so

3. elm

elm Mama

We think Elliot is teething early, he's been screaming more than usual too and I can feel a couple of hard bits on his gums, feels like the corners of teeth threatening to appear. He's biting down lots more and harder on fingers too. We've given him Bonjela which has worked a couple of times as has rubbing and pressing his gums. Going to give him Calpol at bedtime if he hasn't settled, poor little man!

I'm going to get him an amber necklace as it's supposed to be a natural analgesic and I've heard great things about them from other mums.

x

4. sabby52

sabby52 Mother, Nanny

Dec started teething at about 8-9 weeks but he didnt break any teeth until 7 months !!!!

5. brightstar08

brightstar08 Mummy of 2

hey congratulations!! Ewan got his first bottom tooth at between 8-9 weeks and the second bottom at around 16 weeks. hes just coming up for 7 months and has just got the top 4 through. i honestly couldnt believe it when we found his first tooth and no-one believed me until they saw it themselves lol i can highly recommend Anbesol if ur lo gets really unsettled and nothing else works i got it over the counter after speaking to the pharmacist. he was absolutley fine with the bottom 2 teeth and barely had any symptoms but the top 4 were a nightmare. good luck x

6. mandy81

mandy81 Well-Known Member

Dylan started tetthing at about 9 weeks, he got his first tooth at 3.5 months so he was quite early,
    Sophie-Louise got her first tooth at 5 month. xx

7. lillysmum

lillysmum Mum of 2 cheeky monkeys

aww poor baby

8. Loz75

Loz75 Well-Known Member

Be glad if they break through now when he's so young so that you dont have sleepless misery when he's older!

9. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

awww poor little man, hope they come through quickly :hugs: x