I give up!

Kristalebear1

<3 Isobel's Mommy <3
Reaction score
So I give up.. im tired, im starving, im grumpy... and im stuck taking care of my OH dog, she is sick (parvo but not severe as most cases, we think she will be fine, vet has high hopes as she is not vomiting anymore and is holding down fluids, she had her vaccines and still got it) we are treating her at home as we cant afford the vets cost to board her. So Every hour I have to Give her fluids, meds, and walk her to her potty spot. Every hour. I am so damn tired. Today ive been so caught up caring for the dog all I ate was a bowl of mac and cheese. I cant get away long enough to cook. And does my OH help, no. I have to yell for him to walk her, he wont watch her, he is "ttired". I am tired to, but im starving! ! Ugh I cant leave her as she will poop everywhere (its diarrhea) on and off puppy pads and we have to keep everything in her quarantine area SUPER clean. Im so hungry. Im tired, Im pregnant which makes me moody recently, I GIVE UP! I just want to cry.

And yes I am wearing gloves, face masks, and taking extra precautions when dealing with the dog. Ive already spoken to my OB about it.

As far as I'm concerned he needs to take care of his damn dog! I don't give a rats ass if he's tired, you're tired! If that was my oh I'd tell him to get off his lazy ass or I'm going to take the dog into the shelter so they can find a home for her who will watch over her better. And they fact that you're dealing with a sick dog while you're pregnant and he's not worried about his baby is ridiculous. Do you have a Dr appt anytime soon? I'd mention it to your Dr and see what they have to say about the parvo and you taking care of it. Bet you can get out of it with Dr's orders.

Have to agree your oh needs a swift kick up the ar*e and told to take care of his dog!!! You Are Pregnant and he needs to realise that even with the precautions your taking he's still putting you to risk of becoming I'll, not just from the virus but by making you exhausted and unable to get food for yourself and baby!!!
Put your foot down and get the roles reversed! ( is there family you can stay with until the dog is better to stop you from feeling like you have to care for it if your in the house?)

Have to agree your oh needs a swift kick up the ar*e and told to take care of his dog!!! You Are Pregnant and he needs to realise that even with the precautions your taking he's still putting you to risk of becoming I'll, not just from the virus but by making you exhausted and unable to get food for yourself and baby!!!
Put your foot down and get the roles reversed! ( is there family you can stay with until the dog is better to stop you from feeling like you have to care for it if your in the house?)

This !!! This is a good idea if you have family or close friends in the area. You need to be somewhere where you can be looked after for a few days instead if having to take care of everything and everyone else.

I'm with everyone else in saying your OH should be taking care of his dog. You can't get sick from parvo directly, but not eating and being so exhausted from looking after her at this stage in the game is certainly not good for you or baby. And you can't be looking after the sick puppy once the baby comes anyway; you'd go crazy from lack of sleep alone. Agree that you need to be given a break, even go stay with a friend for a few days to get away from the stress and sick doggy.

My hubby has taken over walking our dog right now since I don't have the energy to do it for as long or as brisk as he needs. Our dog was very sick this time last year and I can't imagine going through that this time around at 37 weeks preggo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->