I got a bfp just after being told it would take years!

dignity4

Reaction score
After 6 months of trying my husband I decided it just wasn't meant to be at the moment so I went to my gyno 12 days ago to get back on the pill that helped with my acne and talk about some pain I've been having during BD. She prematurely diagnosed me with endometriosis and said it would probably take years for me to conceive. She even gave me a prescription for birth control without even giving me a pregnancy test. This last week I've had painful cramping and a light spot of blood when I wiped once yesterday so while grocery shopping I picked up a test on a whim just in case.... Used FMU today and got a blazing bfp within 2 seconds! I don't even know what to think now. It still feels so surreal! Has anyone else had a situation like this??? Could endometriosis cause a higher chance of miscarriage??? I have a crazy fear this is too good to be true

Congratulations, go back and speak to DR and take it easy xxx

Woo! Congrats!! No real advise except to go see your doctor.

Congratulations. No experience with endo but I wish a happy & healthy 9 months x

I have endo and it mostly makes it harder to conceive...however, I am shocked your doctor told you that you do for sure without even doing further tests to see what your pain was. I went through a series of tests, family history, and it's still not 100% that I do because to really find out, a laproscopy is needed. I didn't want to go through surgery and recovery so I waited it out....

With that said, I was reading abstracts on medical journals and yes, there is an increased risk of miscarriage and premature birth. Though you may not have it, and even with the increased risk of mc, you're still more likely to have a happy and healthy 9 months! Congrats!

Congrats and yay!

Pregnancy is a known remedy to endo. I had bad endo (pass out screaming in pain variety) and the first time I got pregnant it starting easing up significantly afterwards. I did end up losing that baby but it was because I had a luteal phase defect and not related to my endo.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->