I Got my home birth! :-)

willowblossom

Reaction score
A tad late in posting this but been a bit busy! lol
so i'm well pleased that i got my homebirth. my daughter arrived on new years eve!
I had been having regular and sometimes painful braxton hicks for over a week and was getting really fed up. on the 29th December i woke up in the early hours to go to the loo. when i got out of bed i felt a gush of fluid. I woke my hubby up to tell him that i thought my waters had gone. as it was early hours i thought i would put a pad on go back to bed and see if more water came out.
i woke up in the morning with a dry pad. in the end i had to go up to the maternity unit to see if it was my waters that had gone. i had a speculum test thing and the midwife didn't think it was my waters, so home we went!

so two days later i was laying in bed awake tossing and turning for about an hour, Then all of a sudden had a very painful contraction. (this was about 3.30am) they started coming every 5 minutes and were quite painful. i phoned the midwife who arrived at about 4.15 ish. by that time we had just inflated the pool, but hadn't started filling it. my contractions were coming very quickly but would describe them as short but sharp! the midwife came and quickly decided she should call for another midwife as didn't think we had long. so we quickly started filling the pool. I finally was able to get in at about 5.30 and was so relieved to be in the water. the second midwife arrive with only minutes to spare, as all of a sudden i had the urge to push and 2 pushes later my daughter, Scarlett was born! she weighed 7lb 7oz and was still covered in vernix (perhaps thats why she same so quick! lol) i was lucky and didn't have any tearing or grazes.

it was an amazing experience and compared to my first labour it was so quick, easy and stress free. I dare say i even enjoyed it. i didn't have any pain relief and it was so nice to get out the pool and go and lay in my own bed with my baby and my husband! :hugs: if anybody is thinking of having a home birth then please please go for it! :happydance:

Attachments

• 20131231_122409_resized.jpg
    20131231_122409_resized.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 33
  • get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 50
Thank you for sharing and massive congratulations :D xx

Congratulations!! You'll be on cloud 9 for weeks believe me. :)

Sounds absolutely perfect!! Congrats on baby and congrats on getting your lovely home birth xxx enjoy your baby moon xx

Awww, gorgeous pictures, thank you so much for sharing xx

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Scarlett is just beautiful!

Congats!! I love hearing these stories as they are so empowering!!

So what do you think made your labor and delivery so easy? I had a natural birth with one of my children (no epi) and it was HELL getting him out of there as he was face up. The labor in the water made it easiER but it was still quite hard. What was your atmosphere like, may I ask? eg music, candles, birth ball?? Thank you! :)

Congats!! I love hearing these stories as they are so empowering!!

So what do you think made your labor and delivery so easy? I had a natural birth with one of my children (no epi) and it was HELL getting him out of there as he was face up. The labor in the water made it easiER but it was still quite hard. What was your atmosphere like, may I ask? eg music, candles, birth ball?? Thank you! :)

Hi cuddle4. I was having awful braxton hicks for about 10 days before going into labour. Some of the were painful and got regular but the would stop. I think that was probably preparing my body for labour so when it happened it was so quick! I also stayed upright and very mobile for the labour which I think made it easier and I found it made the contractions easier to cope with.
As for the atmosphere in the room there was no music or anything as it all started so quickly I compleatly forgot to send my ipod up (I had made a playlist but didn't get used lol!) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->