• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

I got my homebirth!! Story and photos enclosed!

Thank you so so much for all of your congratulations messages :flower:

Although my little milk/cuddle monster won't let me on here long enough to reply to everyone individually, I really appreciate every one of your messages, they're so supportive :flower:

I'm still absolutely amazed, thrilled, proud and overwhelmed at how I's birth went :happydance: :cloud9: :hugs:

She was weighed today and was 7lb 7oz so she's only lost 1.5oz since birth which the midwife said was fantastic for a breastfed baby :thumbup: She's got a bit of jaundice but although her eyes and gums are a bit yellow the midwife said it will go as long as I keep bfing her and putting her in the sunlight etc.

My nips are quite sore as I wasn't opening her mouth very wide at first, but since my milk came in on tuesday night she's been feeding better. I've been using lots of Lansinoh on them but they're still a bit sore when she first latches on - how long will that last as I never had it *at all* with C.

Also, is it normal to have swellings in your armpits when bfing? I don't remember it with C but each morning my armpits have had visible swellings (2 on each side) which are tender and it's hard to put my deodorant on lol. Throughout the course of the day it goes down a bit but then is there again first thing in the morning. I forgot to ask the midwife when she came today.

Thanks in anticipation, and thank you again for all of your lovely messages :flower:

xx

Greta there are lymph nodes in the armpits, perhaps the pressure of your mammary glands are inflaming them? Do they hurt if you lift your arms? Boob tissue can certainly extend under your arms. I'm guessing here though!

congrats on the birth of little Isabel! She's beautiful.
What a wonderful birth it sounded like you had - well done!
Let me know the date she was born and I'll add her birth to the front page.

Thank you! :flower: She was born on 23rd January. How do I add a "home birth achiever" or "my baby was born at home" type of thing to my signature at the bottom please?

xx

https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/bnbhomebithacheiver.png

CODE: https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/bnbhomebithacheiver.png[/IMG and add a ] on the end

What a lovely story. Made me feel really strong about giving birth:flower:

Congratulations hun! So happy you got the birth you wanted x

what an amazing and beautiful birth story! thank you so much for sharing, and huge congratulations!!

Greta there are lymph nodes in the armpits, perhaps the pressure of your mammary glands are inflaming them? Do they hurt if you lift your arms? Boob tissue can certainly extend under your arms. I'm guessing here though!

thank you so much, it's been better as my milk has settled down a bit and i don't have the lumps anymore although my pits are still slightly tender.

xx

congrats on the birth of little Isabel! She's beautiful.
What a wonderful birth it sounded like you had - well done!
Let me know the date she was born and I'll add her birth to the front page.

Thank you! :flower: She was born on 23rd January. How do I add a "home birth achiever" or "my baby was born at home" type of thing to my signature at the bottom please?

xx

https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/bnbhomebithacheiver.png

CODE: https://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz112/SiggyStoreUK/bnbhomebithacheiver.png[/IMG and add a ] on the end[/QUOTE]

that's great, thank you. i'll try it now

xx

thank you so much everyone :flower:

i'm still in awe and am still so high from her birth now, 12 days later :hugs: :flower: :cloud9:

xx

It's good to see you about again Greta, been thinking about you and how you were getting on with your whole pits problem, haha. Glad to hear it's sorting itself out. Hope your LO is doing well. :hugs:

Beautiful story, you did so well!

Congratulations :)

It's good to see you about again Greta, been thinking about you and how you were getting on with your whole pits problem, haha. Glad to hear it's sorting itself out. Hope your LO is doing well. :hugs:

lol thank you :haha:

we're doing fab thank you, she's absolutely adorable :hugs:

xx

Beautiful story :cloud9: well done sounds like you did an amazing job!!

What a fantastic experience for you all, and very inspiring to me as a hb hoper.

Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"