I guess we're ready.. *freaks out*

S

Serene123

:rofl:

What now? She has been eyeing up my food for ages and now she's actually eating it I guess I should start the transition. Also nice to see with a little bit of food she doesn't want a bottle again. :happydance:

Sooooooooooo, starting to wean.. HELP!!

Breakfast first right? What do they have for breakfast?
How long do you wait untill you give them 2 meals?

Wow I'm scared :rofl:

Step at time ........

*trys to think*

I started Moo on breakfast ... I would give her bottle and if she did not have it all I would use the rest in baby cereal :D I think you can make up the cereal with boiled water as well.

In day I'd give her a very lightly buttered bit of bread just so she can play with it really and learn ...she did in the end!

At the start for a fair while that all I did until maybe 6/6 half months old.

Get her use to food was my idea by breakfast and allowing her to have litle bits of bread, a pasta bit a carrot etc if you have something like that for dinner. Might not eat but thats how they get to know how.

Hope that makes sense and thats what I did.

I gave charlie baby rice just once a day for 2 weeks at about 5 months then i gave him 2 meals a day for about a week now hes on 3 meals a day breaky after 9am feed usually baby porridge, part of a jar dinner after 1pm feed then part of a jar dinner after 5pm feed but i dont give him too much i know he could keep eating more but he seems fine and happy after and can last 3-4 hours before feeding again but i will just increase it when i feel he needs too

Goodluck!

love corinne xx xx

When I started Alexa on food at five months I was told breakfast-rice cereal, and then supper veggie and rice cereal. So I started the two meals a day right away, of course she didn't eat very much but just wanted to establish a routine... I have just started giving her Mum Mum Rice rusks so she could learn how to eat with her hands... Good Luck!

i started Rhiannon off on baby rice i gave her 3-5 spoons of it, waited 30mins then gave her a bottle, then when she was eating the bowlful (around 5-6weeks later) (made with 2oz of milk) i changed to readybreak and then started to give rusk melted in milk for tea-time, then after a month-6weeks of that i introduced lunch voila 3 meals a day :) x

We started Seth on some cereal, I guess its a bit like baby rice. We got ours at Boots but you can get some by Heinz or whatever in Asda.

We make it up (its like powder), 2 1/2 teaspoons with 5 teaspoons of water. That might be too much but Seth is a bit of a greedy pig and has been eating that much since we started lol

We also had mashed banana, mashed apple (peel, put into chuncks, cook in steamer for 20 mins & mash) etc on days when he hasn't had his cereal for a bit of variety. When we were away we bought some heinz plum custard pots which he loved too.

We did that for about 2-3 weeks

Then we started giving him tea. Usually about the same amount. he's had, potato, sweet potato, swede, parsnip, carrots, all steamed then mashed up. We usually put between 5 and 7 baby spoonfulls in his dish. We've never pureed anything and he's never had a problem with lumps, but I know a few people arent comfortable with that so do what you feel!!

Also I was a bit worried about him getting a sweet tooth so we decided that he would have sweet things for breakfast (fruit etc) and savoury for tea (veg) so he would get used to both.
We also give him a few sips of water after his meal. he's started reaching for his beaker if he needs some in the middle of his meal now as well. We give him that out of a beaker.

That wont suit everyone because as I say, he is a VERY hungry baby, but thought I might tell you what we did as it might help, and HV was very impressed with what we'd managed considering we'd never really spoken with anyone about it.

We'll be moving him onto 3 meals a day in a couple of weeks as he's getting used to everything now :)

Good luck, at first it's stressful but after a week or so you just stop worrying about it lol

xxx

Welcome to the weaning stage hun !!! the faces she will do with new food are amazing lol

I gave max cereal for breakfast then fruit for lunch for a few weeks

It is said that you have to give them the same fruit or vedgie for 5-7 days to make sure theres no allergic reaction so I found making a list on my fridge door helped I put what he ate , how he liked it , and how his tummy reacted this way when moving on to mixed stuff it gives you a better idea !

I think you have to start with yellow stuff for first for vedgies but then agian im not por i got my info from the girlies on here !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->