I had my baby girl with only gas and air

Shabby990

Boy age 2
Reaction score
Hi ladies I had my baby last nite they broke my waters at 11pm had her at 1.30am was very fast with only gas and air I would so recommend no epadural I had it with my first labour and felt the labour went slow and after recovery was worst

I had my 1st and 2nd with no epidural ... with my 1st they gave me oxygen mask but with my daughter I didn't need it. Looking forward to no epidural again... :)

i plan on not having an epidural because of the same reason and more!

Oh I LOVED the gas and air! I've heard it doesn't work for some women, and can even make you feel sick, but it was perfect for me. I delivered a 9lb 10oz whopper with just gas and air, and I hope to do the same this time (although a slightly smaller baby would be nice!)

Congrats for bubbas arrival :) well done with gas/air :) :)

I didn't have gas and air for 1st labour.. Just plain nothing lol. I'm looking forward to my drug free labour again and I might have a go at gas/air, bring it onnnn haha

Congratulations, glad you found it alot better without the epidural :flower:

Good to hear positive stories, I'm planning on no epidural for similar reasons with first baby, glad to hear it is possible!

I had both of mine just using hot water, and as my midwife told me at the time "a hot shower is worth two epidurals." ;)

She was right -- both labours were totally manageable, I wouldn't really call it pain -- just pressure and the need to breathe and concentrate. My birth 5 days ago was only 2.5 hours and at the peak of it, I said "this isn't so bad" and it was comforting to know that my body wouldn't throw me anything that I couldn't handle. I've never tried gas and air, though, but it's so great that it's an option where you live!

Congratulations! What is gas and air? I'm planning to give birth at a hospital with my doctor. Is that something you can only use for home births with a midwife? This will be my first baby and I'm scared of pain but also scared of the epidural. Did you do any special preparations or excercises to prevent or manage pain?

I mentioned "gas and air" to my OB a few weeks ago and she thought I was loony toons... I guess that isn't too common in the states yet... so my only option is no epidural or with epidural... lol. I really really want to do it without but I hate "not knowing" what it will be like.

Lord help me, I'm being induced next week. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->