I had my darling baby!!!!

cat lover

Mummy to 2 girls
Reaction score
Hi guys!!!

My yellow bump is now gorgeous, beautiful Bethany Paige!!!! She is wonderful and I love her so much!!! She was born on Friday 20th and 7lbs 8 oz.

The labour was quite harrowing, I won't lie. I was contracting for 2 days from Weds eve onwards. Thursday they were sporadic and by Friday morning the contractions were every 3 minutes but the hospital wouldn't let me go in as they assumed it was too early. At 12.00ish they more or less stopped and came back at about 1.30 in very painful fashion. I got in the bath and rang again. Even though they were every 2 mins they told me not to go in unless I couldn't stand the pain because they were busy (!), so I carried on a while and suddenly I had a really bad one and the urge to push, which terrified me and I was wailing and crying. Me and OH got in the car to hospital and I walked from the carpark to delivery suite in agony. As soon as I got there my water broke, they asked me to wait in the waiting room for 5 mins which was horrendous as the contractions were so bad and I felt I needed to push so badly. They examined me and I was fully dilated!!!!!!! Straight into a room and pushing, and she was born half an hour later with no pain relief - although not necessarily out of choice!!!! I was quite upset with the hsopital as felt I was treated badly and fobbed off on the phone - if I hadn't gone with my gut and gone in I would have ended up calling an ambulance.

She caught me with her hand on the way out so I have stitches but I am so happy to be back home and with her :cloud9:

Ladies, trust your instincts - that's my advice, I should have been more forceful on the phone to hospital.

All best of luck and I will be lurking here for a little while yet.

Its the best thing ever being a mummy, you will all love it!!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations! Glad you are all doing well!

Congratulations!!!! Glad you are both doing well!
xxx

Congratulations! i had my baby boy on friday too. x

Congrats! I will take your advice and make sure I make them listen to me. Sorry you had such a time with it!

Wow, what a story! Congratulations on your baby girl! :)

Congrats! It sucks to hear the hospital did that to you. If I was in that much pain I would have gone in, if they told me to go home, I'd sit right there in the waiting room. You know your body better than them. Glad to hear everything turned out okay though!!!

My goal is to have a natural birth... I heard the most painful thing was crowning...true?

Congrats! It sucks to hear the hospital did that to you. If I was in that much pain I would have gone in, if they told me to go home, I'd sit right there in the waiting room. You know your body better than them. Glad to hear everything turned out okay though!!!

My goal is to have a natural birth... I heard the most painful thing was crowning...true?

Thanks cupcake lover! The crowning did sting a bit but I think it was more painful when half her head was out and there was no contraction to bear down on.

You're totally right, I should have gone with my gut earlier on, I just thought I was being silly and was probably like cm or something :blush:

Good for you on the natural birth hon, make sure unlike me you are in hospital in time to change your mind though :hugs: best of luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->