I had my growth scan & ........

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Looks as though Im being induced in 6 weeks.
Baby weighs 5lb exactly and is measuring at 35 weeks (I dont understand that)- though Im techinically only 32 weeks, the baby is the size of a 35 week fetus, so obviously he had a growth spurt. Apparently, if I havent given birth to him within the next 6 weeks, it's an induction for me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Other than that, everything went well.
What are inductions like?

Fine TBH ... prostin pain slightly more painful than normal labour pains but tis fine!!

xxx

Fine TBH ... prostin pain slightly more painful than normal labour pains but tis fine!!

xxx
Hey, congrats on your baby girl :) she is GORGEOUS!!!!

Cant believe I have just 6 weeks left! Dunno if to laugh or cry TBH!

The end is in sight, a date to aim for!

Thanks for the congrats she is rather a stunner lol

xxx

Awwww I bet your all excited all the same hun

x

Yea I guess so. I just dont like the thought of having a big baby because boy, it's gonna sting a bit ;)
Would you say 5lb was big at this stage? hospital said its just over average, but I had noticed KX's lil one was just 3lbs+ at 30 weeks... do they really grow THAT fast?

well I had scan and was told amelia not big ha ha ha aha

what a joke!

I dont trust those scans tbh but maybe I got a dopey mare?
Bigger babe is the easier so dont worry will be better on baby as they will have more strength and energy to push out,I got melie out in three pushes so goes to show. Plus the induction didnt feel any different to me but then I had,had enough by then anyway,
bex

Hi Louise,

My lil one was 3lb 1 oz at 30 weeks exactly and that plotted on the 95th centile line (the top), so yours must be way off the scale at that weight. :wacko:

Induction isnt too bad :blush: More painful than normal labour apparently but u wont know the difference, I never .

x

I hated my induction till that epidural came, then it was just peachie. lol

Hi Louise,

My lil one was 3lb 1 oz at 30 weeks exactly and that plotted on the 95th centile line (the top), so yours must be way off the scale at that weight. :wacko:

Induction isnt too bad :blush: More painful than normal labour apparently but u wont know the difference, I never .

x
well baby is measuring in at 35 weeks, not 32- docs said its average size because they give or take 3 weeks etc: Ive seen my notes, and the charting, it's all spot on- so I dunno.

How accurate are the weights that they tell you during scans? Only reason I ask is because I've heard of loads of American women being told they're having huge babies and are then are given c-sections early (for the insurance money!) then have average sized ones.

I was told ellie was large .........

She was 5lb ffs lol

xxx

im confused, are u having a large baby or do they have ur dates wrong?

see i dont get this!! i was measuring over, an callum was 10lb 1 oz, yet i was left to go as natural! i had him the day before his due date, but i dont understand how all places work things diff :?

TBH, I have been induced and gone naturally, and I didn't find natural less painful or induction more painful....I wouldn't chose either of I had a choice, and as you don't have a choice, I don't think either is worse, they are both as bad as each other! But on a good note, I eventually got an epidural to work this time, and once that kicked in, it was heaven :baby:

at 34 weeks i was measuring 41 weeks and they still had no intention of inducing me:hissy: she just told me he would come when he is ready

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"