I had to tell somebody!! plus a little venting lol

Jen25

Reaction score
So went to the doctors today and im 1cm dialated and 50% effaced!! And if she doesnt come on her own I will be induced on the 29th at 9 pm!! Sorry im just so excited lol. I had to tell somebody because were not telling our families until its almost time or until shes here. Just because no one seems to hear what we say about not wanting alot of ppl up there while im in labor. I just dont want to get irritated with ppl telling me over and over "oh you'll be ok, or how you feelin" or anything else you know? Lol Its just im doing this without any pain meds and I wanta stay calm and focused. And my family has already been getting on my nerves for weeks, like I know they care about me but some of my cousins I havent talked to in a while and I know they just want to be up there to be nosey and brag about seeing her first just to piss off my other cousins. Shoot I still got a cousin trying to be around me all the time so she can try and weasel her way into the delivery room and i've made it clear many times that its just me and my husband in there when its time to push lol. Even my mom gets it lol. So my problem is with my cousins not my mom or dad just them. There will probably be hurt feelings because they wont get a phone call and im not telling them the truth about my doctors appointment today or my induction date, as far as they know I have another appointment next week and we'll go from there lol. Sorry this was so long I guess I needed to vent a little about ppl just not getting it lol.

awe how exciting :) I don't blame u for not telling people!! good luck with everything hun

Greeat idea keeping it quiet until your ready! Congrats on getting a date too x

Good luck!!

Quick question - if you wanted all those people in your delivery room, would they be allowed? I live in Canada and the rules in our hospitals are pretty tight about that! Usually two people max.

I've read so many posts abou women complaining about people being with them during L & D I can't figure out why hospital policies don't tighten up.

Thank you ladies!! I live in michigan and the hospital im going to they used to allow how ever many but they changed it a couple years ago to two at a time before,during and after. But they all want to be in the waiting room and take turns coming in and out of my room before/after I deliver. Except a few of them are trying to talk me into letting one of them stay in there while I deliver, which isnt going to happen lol. For one im a private person and I dont even want my mom in there lol. And for two I want it calm and quiet. So I dont want them popping in and out of my room and my husband is not leaving so someone else can come in, which a couple of them have even suggested lol. Ppl are crazy lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->