I hate "he doesn;t look anything like mummy" comment

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
i just had enough. I'm Asian and OH is English and every single person say that our baby just look like his dad, doesn't get anything from me:hissy:
he got his dad hair and skin colour, but he got my eyes,nose,fingers and toes and feet. he sleeps like me( well they can;'t see that)
i just don't like this comment.
when we go out with our friend and her baby girl who is 7 months (LO is over 3 months old, her OH doesn't come). OH push the pushchair and she pushes her pushchair and people ask if these two babies are twins:hissy::hissy:
I'm not a bl**dy nanny or maid you know

i think sometimes people can be really annoying

I used to get these comments a lot, mostly because my family isn't here and it was my MIL who always said the kids looked like daddy. Then I'd send pics to my family and they said that they look like me. But MIL adamant that they look like their dad.

Isn't it funny, they always look like whoever they want them to?

Am Also half asian and OH is full english and no1 thinks he looks like me :( its annoying lol

I know exactly how you feel. Everyone says that Erin looks just like her dad and not me at all. Then they say that they can also see my twin sister (unidentical) in her. I have to just smile and nod but in my head thinking "I'M THE ONE WHO GAVE BIRTH TO HER!!! Again she is very placid, happy and quite lazy - loves her sleep (just like me) but no-one comments on that. xxx

I bet if you took someone else's baby people would also comment on how much it looks like daddy. :lol:

I'm have brown hair/brown eyes and Lola is blonde/blue eyed and people still say she looks just like me which isn't quite true.

The baby has some mom,some dad features and honestly,people have no clue what they're saying. :hugs:

Im indian and my OH is black african and when he was 1st born everyone thought he was more like me becuase he was fair and has soft black hair but as he has got older they all say he looks like his daddy because he is a spitting ime of his dad and has only recently got a afro like his dad yet he has my skin colour xx

:hugs: He will always be your baby hun nd no one can take that away from you...ignore everyones comments :hugs: xx

Lol TBH I think no one has a clue what they are saying! No one knows my babys dad (she was conceived by AI, my partner and I used a donor) and they never say "well she doesn't look like you, so she must look like the donor". It's always "Oh Lea, she looks so like you..." Blah blah. My eyes are green, my hair is blonde. My baby's eyes are blue, and her hair is going GINGER!!!!!!! I am NOT ginger!! Lol

:hugs: Ignore them!!

You can clearly see in the second and third piccies that he has asian in him, not so much in the first because he is so tiny. Wait untl he gets bigger then everyone will decide he looks like you and nothing like your OH

But the others are right, people see who they want to see in babies and children!!

One thing to add. You often never really know who they most look like until they get older and get their adult teeth, lose the baby fat, etc.

people are stupid and inconsiderate, they open their mouths before thinking. But your baby is ADORABLE!!! :D He is already looking more like you everyday, they just aren't very observant! LOL

I used to get these comments a lot, mostly because my family isn't here and it was my MIL who always said the kids looked like daddy. Then I'd send pics to my family and they said that they look like me. But MIL adamant that they look like their dad.

my mil even said he has some featured from her and some from his grandpa and only got my nose:growlmad:
but i can see already now that his skin colour is not pale like his dad but getting tanner.:laugh2:

I think he looks like a perfect blend of Asian and Caucasian!! Beautiful!

I get that all the time!!! While she does look a lot like her Daddy, I see myself in her too, but a lot of people say I am not in her at all... especially the inlaws... "oh she's got Mike's eyes, and chubby cheeks" etc etc etc WELL they have never seen baby pics of me!!! I had chubby cheeks when I was a baby, Michael was actually thinner when he was younger! She has my cheeks! Also, regarding her eye colour, I have hazel green and Michael has brown, so we are assuming her eyes will eventually turn brown, but are still hazel green-like mine, well FIL goes and says, "well you know, my brothers have hazel eyes, so if she has hazel eyes, it could be because of that!" UMM HELLO????!!! I HAVE HAZEL EYES!! She would get them from me! Not from a great uncle :hissy: ugh.

:hugs: Ignore them!!

You can clearly see in the second and third piccies that he has asian in him, not so much in the first because he is so tiny. Wait untl he gets bigger then everyone will decide he looks like you and nothing like your OH

But the others are right, people see who they want to see in babies and children!![/QUOTE]

haha, funny, when I was 16 I went on a trip with my Foster Dad, and while we were out together, someone came up to us and was talking for a while and said "wow, you can definitely tell you are father and daughter!!" :rofl: yep...

i got this with my son all the time, everybody would make comments asking if i was sure i was his mother! really goddamn pissed me off

now everybody says that ffion looks like me because she is chubby. WTF? i was annorexic till i was 14! cheeky twats

:hugs: people say odd things just to comment :hugs: do you no whats funny, my dad isn't my biological dad and all my life people say, you and your dad look so much alike, nothing like me mum (my biological mum!) me and my dad laugh and never correct them :lol: he's my dad and thats that!
people say maddi doesn't look like me either, i too find it upsetting, but i remember people just comment for the sake of it :hugs: x x x

Ignore them - people just open their mouths without thinking!

Some people say that my LO looks like his dad - but I can't see it - I can see bits of him in me tho!

Im white and my hubby is Indian and I have had the same comments - all I know is that he is our baby and I dont care what anyone else says! He might have my brains (poor child!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->