I HATE my body

CeliaM

Pregnant mom of 2
Reaction score
Seriously, I really loathe it. Whenever I get changed and see myself in the mirror, I just think "oh $@!%" I've been trying for months now to lose the baby weight, plus I was overweight to begin with, and am having zero success. I think the biggest trouble (other than a lack of self-discipline some evenings, I do well in the day), is also lack of time. I've lost weight well before, but that was when I only had 1 kid. I would plan meals well, watching my calories, and exercise while baby napped. Even going at my strongest, I'd only lose 2lbs a week max, and now I have HEAPS to lose, so that's overwhelming to me. And now with 3 little ones, I just have no chance to exercise, and it's killing me.

I think it's playing a big part in my lack of motivation as well. I know when I did lose successfully, before I put anything in my mouth, I'd think about how long I'd be on my elliptical for it!

So, to all you busy moms, what's your key to success? I need some no fuss plans.

I only have one LO, but I go to Curves.. I'm not doing so well on the dieting part, but I ALWAYS get out to the gym, because it's only 30 mins it's easy for OH or my mom to watch Elyse, then I can come home and get on with my day.. I'm there and back within an hour. I have to get ALL my housework and anything else that needs doing done during the day while I have the baby.. and somedays not everything gets done, but because I'm out doing something "good for me" and not just going out shopping, etc.. people have been really supportive and willing to help :)

I think it helps A LOT to get your whole family in on the healthy eating kick, OH, kids, etc. I have a hard time sticking to my healthy eating plan when other people in my house are eating junk/"bad diet foods".. esp. when it's more convenient for me because I'm busy and don't exactly have time to cook and they've already made, say a pizza or something..

please dont hate ur body. cover up the mirrors u look in and take a more positive attitude. ur body prob has changed but u've got lovley kids to show for it.

i read a book somewhere about thinking urself thin and i believe it works. eat happy foods that dont make u feel guilty and still treat urself to one thing a week u really like. i learned to love apples instead of chocolate and each fri nite i allowed myself a big mug of coffee and choc fingers.

after a few weeks it got easier and easier until now im not counting down the days to fri.

i also took any free time and cooked several meals from fresh and froze them so we had healthy food available nealry all the time. lasagnes from fresh ( defo not the jar sauce) is so tasty and easy to make but with far less calories.

pm me if u want any recipes.

chin up :flower: and gud luck.

big hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back