i hate my post baby body

honey915

mum to 2 little boys
Reaction score
I have stretch marks and stretched skin and saggy big boobs from feeding. When i look in the mirror i am repulsed i dont want to look! Im not overweight so theres nothing i can do but hate myself. I cant even get naked in front of my partner and its affecting our sex life. My stretch marks are old as i didn't get any this time round! I want surgery but i want more kids girst. Any one feel this hopeless? Anyone found a solution? Or sl

Your not alone. I absolutely despised the way I looked after having my LO, but now over a year later... I don't hate it as much and am learning to accept my new body. I loved my old body and was totally not prepared for what I would look like after having my LO. It was a shock and it really upset me. But I think everyone feels this way after having a baby. Now, my stretch marks have faded and I actually kind of like them, and my 'pouch' and saggy skin is something I have come to accept.

I don't have much advice I just wanted to say I think everyone goes through this and remember that body held your beautiful children, you should be proud of it!! I'm sure your OH loves your body, have you tried speaking to him about it? I felt so unsexy and disgusting, and when I told my OH, he lavished me with compliments which made me feel better. Also, maybe give some firming cream a shot? It can't hurt. I'm going to get some and see if it helps! Hope you feel better soon xxx

P.s one massive thing that I could not live without and has boosted my confidence every single day.... High waisted skinny jeans! Don't know if your a jeans kind of person, but they are my saviour! They pull in the belly and are so flattering. I wear them every day and it makes me feel so much better!! Try them :) xx

Thankyou for responding. I must hve felt like this the first time round. Oh knows and says it doesnt bother him at all. So i suppose i should just accept it! I will try high waisted skinnies and see how that goes! Xx

I know it's hard to accept, and if I have another LO I know my confidence would really take a kick. It's just something that you will have to deal with in time, and it's normal to feel that way. I'm glad your OH is supporting, you really need that when it effects you. Really do try them, they transformed me! Every time I wear low or even mid riding jeans I have a little pouch of fat that hangs over the top and I hate it, makes me feel really self conscious. As soon as I get into my high waisted ones, it sucks everything and makes me feel much better! I have the cheap £10 ones from primark as I didn't want to pay topshop prices and they are perfect. Hope you feel a bit better in time xxx

I was somewhat prepared for my skin tearing during pregnancy, so I wasn´t surprised I got stretchmarks. I was surprised at how extensive they were. I have stretchmarks crossing stretchmarks which in turn crossed stretchmarks.
My entire belly is torn from below my bikini line up to halfway between my belly button and breasts.

I decided to be proud of my body.
My saggy belly
Hanging boobs
and torn skin.

I´m proud :)

I hope you can accept your body, as it´s living proof of your motherhood :hugs:

(p.s. my LO is 7 months old tomorrow)

When my LO was 12 weeks I felt crappy not so much about my body but not being able to find jeans, underwear etc that weren't maternity. I used to shop in New Look for boyfriend or bootcut jeans, now they do nothing but skinny jeans and I got so down! I decided to try skinnies from Dorothy Perkins and love them!! Also got some really pretty undies with lace and lovely bras from Asda and Tesco. Made me feel so much better about my post baby body x

I have stretch marks and stretched skin and saggy big boobs from feeding. When i look in the mirror i am repulsed i dont want to look! Im not overweight so theres nothing i can do but hate myself. I cant even get naked in front of my partner and its affecting our sex life. My stretch marks are old as i didn't get any this time round! I want surgery but i want more kids girst. Any one feel this hopeless? Anyone found a solution? Or sl

So sorry you feel that way. Having a child can really change your body. I know I hate my saggy stomach and stretch marks. I am lucky that I went back to my pre-baby weight quickly after birth, but my pre-baby jeans still don't fit. :shrug: And my stomach still has a saggy bump. My boobs are a mess. And it doesn't help that I can't afford to buy new clothes, new bras or even get a haircut.

OH doesn't seem to mind. He is still attracted to me. But I still don't feel sexy. It doesn't help that when I complain about it to OH, he tells me I look like a mom now. :dohh:

On the bright side, I have new respect for my body. For some reason, I never trusted my body and I had convinced myself that I would never get pregnant, let alone have a healthy pregnancy and birth. But I did it. My body did a great job all along the way, inluding the birth, which went really well. And I created a little person. A perfect, healthy, smart and happy little person. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->