I have a few questions about my cycle

happycupcake

‘Mrs Hudson took my skull.’
Reaction score
I am confused about my cervix and cm and temperatures (haven't actually done temperatures before and only randomly decided to do them out of curiosity this cycle) and when or if I have ovulated etc.
CD1 was 1st of January, period was six days long but the last two days were occasional spotting. Had sex CD6, checked cervix every day since and CD7 & 8 felt high up, medium firmness and slightly open with thin cm, CD9 & 10 it felt high, soft and open with ewcm, today at CD11 it now feel high but medium firm and only slightly open, cm is thicker and creamy.
Had sex CD6, 9 & 10. Temps were 35.7 CD9, 35.2 CD10 and today CD11 was 36.0. I haven't had the usual pain except for a brief pain on the left side yesterday or the day before (I can't remember!), but it has varied before anyway.
I would usually see a positive opk later than this though, although my cycles do vary between about 24-28 days (they have varied more than this but this seems to be my average, the apps I use seem to be using 25 days as average).
I don't have any opks this month because I didn't remember to order them in time! The shops here don't have any apart from expensive ones and I'm far too tight fisted for that lol
I am wondering whether the dip in temperature followed by it going back up means I have already ovulated especially given my cm and how my cervix has been? But would this be way too early? I don't have much experience on this.
Oh and the apps I use one reckons my fertile period is from CD8-CD14 (predicts ovulation on CD13), another says CD7-CD11 (ovulation on CD10) and the third says CD9-CD15 (ovulation on CD13), so I don't know which to rely on more

If you aren't temping daily, then you really can't decide anything based on temps. What is normal for you could be totally different for someone else (for instance, 36.0 would be a normal pre-ov temp for me), and you really need to see the pattern and to chart them out to tell what's going on, because a small temp rise might mean nothing or it might mean something, but it's all relative unless you can determine the pattern. Also, if it's your first month temping, it's hard to see any pattern at all until you get through the first month and can look back at all the data retrospectively. But yes, it's totally normal to get EWCM earlier in your cycle and not ovulate (I don't check CP, so no idea about that). The cycle I got pregnant with my daughter I had several days of obvious EWCM around CD9 and 10 and then it dried up and went back to creamy. It came back on CD14 and I ovulated on CD16 (which was normal for me). My temps showed an obvious pattern and the shift was really clear after CD16, but I was temping every day very methodically. I think just keep an eye on your CM and see what happens. If it comes back, I would go for it.

The thing with temps is that one temp doesn't mean a thing. You would need 3 high temps for ovulation to be confirmed. Early ovulation is possible. Last cycle i had ewcm cd 6 to 8 and my temps confirmed ovulation on cd 8. Keep temping every day. I recommend using fertility friend for charting them. Good luck.

Yes it will most likely indicate little at this point given I haven't tracked temperatures before and randomly decided to do it from CD9 �� I saw a dip on CD10 followed by it going up until it dipped everso slightly today. Only had the ewcm on CD9 & 10, from then on it has been thick and sticky, today more like lotion in consistency but zero stretchiness. I now have sore boobs and slightly nauseous with mild cramping for the couple of days but this isn't unusual for me anyway, although I usually see this slightly later. It's difficult because my cycles have a habit of tricking me into thinking they're going to become regular since they will stay the same for a few cycles but then they will decide to be longer or shorter randomly

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->