I have a fun idea...

mommyB

2 boys and a girl
Reaction score
...I thought we could post pictures of our future babies room. But in the state it is in now. Whether it is your guest room, a junk room, an office or such. I don't know, maybe it just a silly idea. But when you are off work in pain, you need something to keep you busy..lol.

Our future room is our junk room. But we are lucky because it is an open canvas, no paint colour, no curtains, etc. Don't mind the bra hanging and boxes and stuff.
https://i49.tinypic.com/124vajd.jpg

Other side of the room, my wedding dress hanging in the closet. And the beautiful childrens wood table and chairs my grandfather made us (he sadly passed away this month). So I will always have that set with me, and make me think of him.
https://i48.tinypic.com/fax3yv.jpg

What a fun idea! Ours is a right tip right now (it's meant to be the study but seems to have papers all over the floor). I'll post a pic as soon as I get chance to take one.

Mine is full of rabbits at the moment. :rofl:

:haha: great idea!
Would join in but I will definately be living somewhere else by the time I TTC
xxx

Thanks Ladies, mine is a mess! I can't wait to decorate it one day for a little boy or girl. I can't wait to use the table and chairs my Grandpa made. My siblings and I had the exact same set growing up and we loved it.

Fun idea. That would be a great pic to have for a scrap book. Ours is an office/dog room at the moment.

Oh this is a great idea so unique! I will post a pic tomorrow as soon as I can

llol mine is a my personal offcie room. actually its would be big enough to put all my stuff to the side and half the room as long as bubs is small. It looks like a mess because I still havet put everything away snce we moved in here in April xD

Thanks Ladies, mine is a mess! I can't wait to decorate it one day for a little boy or girl. I can't wait to use the table and chairs my Grandpa made. My siblings and I had the exact same set growing up and we loved it.

That is such a great space...btw...so sorry to hear about your grandpa...that's very hard. :hugs:

Mines our spare room and it's a serious mess! Hoping to get around to clearing it out in the next month or two.

Here's ours! Sorry for the mess, I'm already kind of starting the decorating :blush:. Actually I just painted the walls Vermont Cream to match the rest of my house as it used to be this dingy blue color. I plan on making one of the walls an accent wall with a bright yellow color. I just can't figure out which wall to paint!

https://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo113/eowynelf83/IMG_4415.jpg

https://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo113/eowynelf83/IMG_4414.jpg

It was just a spare bedroom that had a mattress on the floor.

Here's ours! Sorry for the mess, I'm already kind of starting the decorating :blush:. Actually I just painted the walls Vermont Cream to match the rest of my house as it used to be this dingy blue color. I plan on making one of the walls an accent wall with a bright yellow color. I just can't figure out which wall to paint!

https://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo113/eowynelf83/IMG_4415.jpg

https://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo113/eowynelf83/IMG_4414.jpg

It was just a spare bedroom that had a mattress on the floor.

If you look at my two pictures and then look at your two pictures, it looks like the same room almost (just different trim colour). Our window is in the same place, our closet is in the same place. That is too funny!

lol....you're right mommyB! Though I'm sure your room is alot bigger.

I keep asking DH if we could get a quote to change all the trimming in the house....we have that old 1980's fake wood trim look throughout all the house and I just want it all changed to white! But especially the trim in the baby's room because the people who owned the house before us (the ones who painted the room a dingy blue) did a really bad job covering the trim before painting so there's dingy blue paint all over the brown trim. They also hung the curtains up by putting screws through the trim, which of course split the wood. :dohh:

lol....you're right mommyB! Though I'm sure your room is alot bigger.

I keep asking DH if we could get a quote to change all the trimming in the house....we have that old 1980's fake wood trim look throughout all the house and I just want it all changed to white! But especially the trim in the baby's room because the people who owned the house before us (the ones who painted the room a dingy blue) did a really bad job covering the trim before painting so there's dingy blue paint all over the brown trim. They also hung the curtains up by putting screws through the trim, which of course split the wood. :dohh:

I think trim is pretty reasonably priced, even if you did one room at a time. Our old house was over 50 years old, so we had to changed almost everything in it, brown linoleum, shag carpet, etc. This house is brand new, it is a year old this month, so I pretty much just have to paint and hang curtains. The room is not too big.

Yeah, we're slowly working on replacing everything in our house. The bathrooms are horrendous...they have that 1980's style tile on the walls and linoliem that's probably as old as the house. We had to repaint EVERY room too (the baby room was the last one--woo hoo!) because it was a fleshy pink color. And we replaced the fake wood panel walls in the den with real walls and painted that as well. It's better to do it in stages I guess. DH wants a new kitchen as well. :dohh:

Didn't you and DH build your house, mommyB? I think that's the way to do it, then it's the way you want it and you don't have to remodel anything! :thumbup:

Yeah, we're slowly working on replacing everything in our house. The bathrooms are horrendous...they have that 1980's style tile on the walls and linoliem that's probably as old as the house. We had to repaint EVERY room too (the baby room was the last one--woo hoo!) because it was a fleshy pink color. And we replaced the fake wood panel walls in the den with real walls and painted that as well. It's better to do it in stages I guess. DH wants a new kitchen as well. :dohh:

Didn't you and DH build your house, mommyB? I think that's the way to do it, then it's the way you want it and you don't have to remodel anything! :thumbup:

Yeah, we went through the whole building process. We got to pick out everything. Which is a lot of fun, but waiting for the house is what sucks. My kitchen is my favourite part of my house. Hey do you have facebook? If you do we should add each other. My name is Kristen Berardi.

Yeah, my parents had their house built for them in 1991 and I remember waiting for it to be built and going to the building site and running around in the house frame, lol. I think it took a year because it happened to be a really wet and storm filled hurricane season and there were a lot of delays!

Yep, I have facebook! I don't have access to it here at work but I'll add you as soon as I get home :happydance: . So if you get a friend invite from Jenny don't ignore me, lol! I'd appreciate it if you don't mention BnB on my wall or anything though because my fam and friends don't know we're TTC in January! :thumbup:

MommyB that table and chair set is BEAUTIFUL! So sorry to hear about your grandad x

Yeah, my parents had their house built for them in 1991 and I remember waiting for it to be built and going to the building site and running around in the house frame, lol. I think it took a year because it happened to be a really wet and storm filled hurricane season and there were a lot of delays!

Yep, I have facebook! I don't have access to it here at work but I'll add you as soon as I get home :happydance: . So if you get a friend invite from Jenny don't ignore me, lol! I'd appreciate it if you don't mention BnB on my wall or anything though because my fam and friends don't know we're TTC in January! :thumbup:

Oh deffinately, I wont mention anything, same with me too. Only my two close friends who are on my facebook know.

Awesome! We can be secret BnB buddy Facebook friends! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"