I have a Gynae appointment

claire1975

Reaction score
:mail:Hiya everyone, :flower:

Wow, just wanted to say thanks so much for all of your messages of welcomes and support.
I actually got my inital appointment with the gynaecologist and its the 1st June so now im feeling really nervous. And scared.:wacko:

I will start to make a list of questions to take with me because i still cant speak (laryngitis)and my mums gonna come as its easier for her than hubby taking time off.
Does anyone know what i can expect on this first visit - blood tests etc or is it more of putting together an action plan and will I be prescribed the meds (clomid or metformin) at this stage.....?
OmG i wont lie, its starting to feel real and its scary, ive never been to hospital myself and the reason and desired end result is just enormous:baby::crib:.

Any ideaas atall.....?

Luv to everyone and thanks very much for your support & advice!

:dust::hugs:
Claire xx

Haven't been to the Dr myself yet so I don't really have any idea what they do. My only advice would be if you've been charting take copies of those with you for the Dr. Good luck!!!
:dust:

I agree with Lyvid - take all info you have re your cycles, how long you've been ttc, your health history, your DH's health history, etc. And you're already doing everything you need to do to take full advantage of your time with the dr - preparing a list of questions and bringing a second pair of ears to help you hear and understand everything. I recommend taking notes during the appt, too.

As for what they'll do at that first visit, that kind of depends on the dr and on what day of your cycle it is. For an initial workup they're likely to run a whole pile of blood tests to check various hormone levels, and they may want to do an ultrasound to get a little look-see. But the blood has to be drawn on a specific day of your cycle, so if that may have to wait until the following cycle. They probably won't prescribe anything until they have the results of your bloodwork. They will probably need to do a semen analysis (SA) on your DH, so he may have to take some time off work at some point. But it doesn't take long. :haha:

Good luck! I know it's hard, but really the unknown (wondering if there's anything wrong with you) is harder than getting the results of the tests and getting some help if you need it. You've already done the hard part, taking that first step. FX'd everything is fine. :flower:

:dust: :dust: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->