I have a question

PleaseBaby

Reaction score
Amelia is now 34 weeks and has started trying bottle feeding, how long did it take for your preemie to 'get it'. She took 15 ml when I fed her earlier but was desatting alot. So when did it click in to place for you? Thanks :flower:

Prob around 38 weeks i think?

Just over 38 weeks for us. I was bf, and we had some major panic moments during feeds when Sophie was desatting like crazy - I seriously thought she was never going to get it. But SB22 and Dona told me to wait for 38 weeks and that definitely is the magic number! I remember speaking to the consultant when I was really worried, and he said something just needs to click in their brain and they'll suddenly get it. It's just because they have to start thinking about breathing, sucking and swallowing all at once, and it's a lot for them to co-ordinate. She'll get it eventually, I promise :hugs:

It was about 35 weeks here, they turned the monitors off but even then he kept going dusky with feeds, I learned to watch his cues! Scary stuff, but he did soon grow out of it xx

Thanks ladies, she took 28 mls earlier so she's getting better at it already :) still desatting all over the place though, bless her x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->