i have a stupid question for you.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hello.

ive been sitting in the garden today as its been lovely weather but ive now come in the house and im burnt.

my arm,face and neck are burnt, i wasnt out there for too long and i dont usually burn i just tan.

but now im worried i have harmed baby in a way.

would it of harmed baby?

im gonna regret sitting out there when i get in the bath tonight.

i personally wouldnt be worried at all, its not like u burnt ur tummy and even if u did, i doubt it would affect the LO as its already strongly protected? ive seen loads of fair skinned people (who look like they would burn) on holiday sunbathing in bikinis while they are pregnant. im sure ur LO is fine, might even come out with a tan lol x

I doubt you will have. I'm guessing you were clothed, if so baby will be fine. I wouldn't worry.

Baby will be fine! Don't worry. But you should avoid burning your stomach as it will get too hot - same as you should avoid hot baths and jacuzzis. As long as you dont give yourself sun stoke and stay hydrated - little babs will be fine:)

yes i had laods of water yesterday and my belly was covered.

it was only my arms and neck that got burnt.

i didnt feel hot but it was abit breezy so i didnt really notice it.

baby has been moving alot so not too worried, i just relt abit guilty for what i had done x x

I agree, babs should be just fine in there.

you'll be fine, baby is properly protected.
as for you burning when you normally tan the hormones cause that. they change the pigments in your skin apparently.

Yeah, reckon you´ll be fine. I burnt my shoulders and neck yesterday too, but I think as long as you keep your bump either covered or slathered in sun lotion you´ll be ok. Just don´t overdo it.

as for you burning when you normally tan the hormones cause that. they change the pigments in your skin apparently.

well put it this way i went to mauritius in september for 2 weeks and most days it was reaching 35oc in the shade and i didnt even burn just got a nice tan but then i sit in the garden and burn like mad.
im in the UK and i get tanned but go all the way to mauritius on holiday and i just tan.

ill learn from my mistakes.

i think our pregnant skin is more sensitive to teh sun - get some sun cream - i was slapping on the factor 25 yesterday and still ended up a little pink.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->