I have an Aromatherapy question o_O

cuddlebugluv

Reaction score
I've become fond of diffusing oils and greatly enjoy them. Recently I've been enjoying a Ylang Ylang, Lemongrass and Orange mix only to read in my book today that those are NOT to be used while pregnant! So my question is: Since i've been using this mix did I inadvertently thwart being pregnant? or accidentally stimulating my period? and are these safe to use while conceiving and just stop them when I am BFP?

thanks in advance! I've looked on other websites but I can't get a clear answer closer to my situation.

I thought it was a problem if you rub it on your skin but in a diffuser where it only smells its ok. If you want to know from an expert register on the cow and gate website they have healthvisiors and midwives who donan online chat and they will.tell.you for definare from a medical point.of view

I wouldn't be too concerned about using oils in a diffuser. They can still have effects when used that way, but much less so than if you apply them topically. Most of the essential oils that you shouldn't use during pregnancy are related to encouraging uterine bleeding, like bringing on a period, and I think there is some concern they could cause bleeding in pregnancy that could cause issues, especially if someone already has pregnancy complications. They aren't necessarily going to prevent you from getting pregnant. I would just use them moderately (occasionally but not every day) and I'd probably stop when you are pregnant, or obviously if you develop any unusual bleeding. There are other oils, like lavender, that are generally considered safer to burn during pregnancy and also to use topically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->